Too Transplant Or Not Too Transplant?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'M SMOKEY JOE

Ice Cream Man
Reaction score
I have two plants in 2 Gallon grow bags that have been under 12/12 for 3 weeks now, is it necessary to transplant them into a larger 5 gallon bucket or can i leave them in the 2 gallon grow bags? I was thinking that if i did transplant them that i would really stunt their growth quite a bit. Has anyone finshed flowering their plants in a 2 Gallon grow bag? Any input would be great thanks!!!!

After some time in a flowering room under 12/12 light cycles, plants will discontinue primary root growth and vegitative growth hence eliminating the need to transplant at this stage. I suggest vegging in a five gallon bucket to insure a larger plant next time iif thats the goal. Your plant should be ready to finish it's flowering stages in it's current pot.

I'M SMOKEY JOE said:
Has anyone finshed flowering their plants in a 2 Gallon grow bag? Any input would be great thanks!!!!
Hi Smokey, I've finished many in 2 gallon pots. It all depends on the size of the plant. I agree to not transplant in flower unless extreme measures are needed.

Hello,

It all depends on how big your girls are. If you have a big plants that are getting root bound go ahead and transplant as you probably still have 5 weeks or more to go. If you fill your 5 gal pots and make a hole about the same size as the root ball to set the plant in and then gently back fill with fresh soil around the pot the shock from transplanting will be minimal. If you have some type of transplant ferts with vitamin B1 it's helpful to give them a good drink a day before and a light feed about a half hour or so before transplanting to moisten the soil and to reduce or eliminate shock. After transplanting give them another good drink of the B1 nutes to water in the new soil around the roots.

Happy Growing!:cool:

Latest posts

Back