Topping Chocolope.... Please Advise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redeye88

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering when is the best time to "top" a plant grown in soil...

- I wish to top only one of my chocolope. The plant is about 4 1/2 weeks old from time it first sprouted. It is only been about a week though since i've transplanted from a little 1.5 liter container to a 5 gallon...

-The plants have trully blossomed in the 6 days they've been in the large 5 gallon containers.. Theyre about a foot tall and very bushy. Is it too early to top the plant since its only been transplanted 6 days ago?

I only want to veg for about another week or so.. Is it bad to top now and begin the flowering process in a week? Or does the plant need more time to recover from the surgery in vegetative stage?:confused:

I like to top once the plant is about 12 inches to get it bushier from top to bottom...since I want it to effect the growth I have to do it early on. If the plant doesnt look shocked I would do it now..

I wait to flower til I see the sex and the plant is about 18-24 inches. I like a good harvest usually around 7 weeks I throw them in 12/12

once the nodes start to alternate...its too late. I like to top between the the 4th and 8th node. Then again every other node, until the nodes start to alternate.

I don't do a whole lot of topping, usually one or 2 times in veg, much like how Umbra does it I wait untill at least the 4th or 5th node to start, and then I will sometimes do it again after a couple new nodes have shown.

Outdoors I top the heck out of them.

whats does that mean, "when the nodes begin to alternate"

redeye88 said:
whats does that mean, "when the nodes begin to alternate"

Here ya go...:eek:

alternating.gif

Nice diagram DOS!

I'd just add that if the plant has really "blossomed" since putting it in the 5 gal. container, then there's no need to wait to top.

Got any pics?

Latest posts

Back