Toss the seeds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SparqIt

Reaction score
Bought 12 seeds online, 3 sprouted and are now under some lights and starting to grow. All 9 of the other seeds are small and havent sprouted in over a week. They all sunk to the bottom of a glass of water but no signs of any sprout.... they bunk? toss em? First grow, not sure what to expect :eek:

PLANT THEM....you never know...were the seeds very light colored...? that could mean immature seed...Pics available? If they look nice and dark, plant around an 1/2 to an inch down in the dirt.

I just got 4/4 popped up outta the surface in moist FF''s Ocean Forest soil amended with Perlite and they were up w/in 6 daze of me planting them. I use a 120 watt old-school workshop light on 16 hr/ON timer and everything's golden.

Much Peace and Nugz!

7greeneyes :)

Leave them until they sprout a tail. Sometimes it takes several days. Sinking to the bottom is good :)

Next time try the wet paper towel method :)

There are two main parts to germination:
1. Temperature
2. Moisture

Try refridgerating your seeds prior to germination.
Use a paper towel as Art recommended (put in a baggie or plastic cup with a lid nd fresh air). Don't wet it too much.
Keep in a warm area while germinating.
If it doesn't germinate in the first few days, put back in the fridge and wait a day or two before reattempting.

If fungus appears on seeds or paper towel clean, dry and seperate from others. Change the paper towel with a new clean one.

C ya

SCUFFING the seeds w/ light grit sandpaper so as to allow water to impregnate the shell easier and germ those lil ladies. :headbang2:

Latest posts

Back