Trance music

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJ20

Super Sativa
Reaction score
Hey all.How many of you guys like to zone out on some trance music or electronic music when high? It's really something else when u listen 2 it high :p

Nope, can't stand trance. I did really get into some rap last night though. I have never really sat down and listened to music much. I did last night and it was very . . . calming to say the least.

Listen/download a song called Divine Moment of Truth by Shpogle.
Most amazing trance/trippy song Ive ever heard when high.

I love good music, but am disenchanted by stuff like itunes

I am from the old school, who used to log into FTP sites and dl music.

I think I'm going back to USENET because I want mp3s.

Thanks for the recc Droster....

Pink Floyd is nice. Dark Side Of The Moon is my favorite. That's about as trancey as i go. :D I listen to all kinds of music from old school rap, dance, new wave, rock, heavy metal to all the new ****. I guess you can call us Grunt's music freaks. It came from our mom. ;) About the only thing we don't listen to is country, and classical stuff. Just can't take it. :bolt:

Could never find the Shpogle song. Ah well...

I'm on usenet now.... woo hoo!

Here are some Artists in the trance genre I like, some of these slide more into like electronic/chill music.

Ferry Corsten, Sasha, Telepopmusik etc

One of the ones I'm really enjoying is 'Dance Me' by Telepopmusik

caribbean_smoker_20 said:
Hey all.How many of you guys like to zone out on some trance music or electronic music when high? It's really something else when u listen 2 it high :p

Electronic, All the time man... If you can get hold of an album called "Trance and Bass" do so.. It was recomended to me by a good mate, and it is litterally trance crossed over with drum and bass, produced by a guy called John B, it was released a while back as a free-b on a magazine, im suprised it didnt take on because he played me some and it sounded pretty amazing, if thats your thing..

As for electronica, I find the Orbital albums 'In Sides', 'The Altogether', the 'Blue Album' and 'Work 1989 - 2002' are my favourate to chill out to.. Its great because its all loop based, so its nothing too in your face, and they seem to have mastered the art of synth creation and mastering to a degree where youll be asking yourself if they actually took the time to create an instrument that sounds like a Juno synth lol..

Also Four Tet are one to look out for if your into the electronica, As you wont find a smoother more relaxing listen, there definetly geared towards the more refined chillout side of electro, however a lot of the percussion is recorded live so you really get that natural feel..

sorry... ranting, rambling... I am a music nut period

riz:D

iv been known to trance out while listening to dead can dance

Oh, and i dont know of any off the top of my head, but a bunch of german scientists experimented with not so much notes, but frequencies... certain frequencies co-inside with your bodys natural harmonic resonance, causing the brain to release for one: endorphins amongst other natural chemicals, which means certain frequencies will make you happy, certain frequencies will make you sad, and certain frequencies have been known to replicate opiate drug trips.

if you are interested and do find some, hook me up! lol i havent looked but im sure some happy endorphin making music as well as green would go down a treat

SmokinMom said:
Me too.

Gimmie my old Rush albums any day. :)

Oh yeah, I used to have a CD full of Rush drum solos, unreal..

Cant beat a bit of Filter, Soundgarden, NoFx, Lagwagon, Propaghandi, or having a really broad taste in music... its the way forward!:farm:

dub reggae, drum and bass. old school hip hop & house. that's some good music for blazin.

SmokinMom said:
Me too.

Gimmie my old Rush albums any day. :)

Im on a Phill Collins kick right now, Maybe a little REO Speedwagon....

Hey Riz..I see your into a little punk, You listen to any H.C. at all?
I'll bet you like Pennywise....

Sick of it all, Agnostic Front, Cro-Mags, Madball?

Oh yeah i listen to some hardcore mainly through Fat Wreck Chords though, bands like Good Riddance and Tilt, Although i aint sure if youd consider them totally hc, Im really into the more melodic punk rock side mainly lagwagon and nofx, but yeah sick of it all are brilliant man, started getting into the old style of things too, Ramones for one :D

Latest posts

Back