transition- pots still wet after 24hrs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tryguy2011

Reaction score
I flipped to 12/12 2 nights ago. Yesterday at feed time (lights on) the pots were pretty dry, i fed- today at lights on pots were still wet.
Is this pretty normal for plants to change absorption rate at flip?

yes primarily due to the decreased heat associated with shortening the use of the lights. Also if your supplimenting with co2 it will change absorption rates greatly, due to the increased rate of photosynthesis, but it would be the opposite effect, it would absorb water more rapidly! the plants transpire water at a faster rate with co2 and can be a little more demanding of nutrients.

^yeah that...

also... Are your fans running during lights off now or are they getting cut off with the light(s)?

Keep the fans going if they are not set them to run constantly.. Weather or inside/outside humidity can play a part too. What's the hydrometer reading?

Fans run at night too
whats up brother- trillions of atoms
I fished the lake 2 weeks ago,thought of you, how are you brother?

I'm good, sold the water toys and got away from the lake. Been laying low and staying out of trouble.

How's the baby or should I say tot now?

Still playing guitar to quiet'n the cries? ;)

Yeah son is good, still playing piano,guitar,drums,and harmonica have a full studio been recording blues.

Im in 3/4 gal pots in coco like it pretty well
i did take a bit of advice and am trying a run with traditional sea of green with 32 in a 4x8 pulling a zip per

Are they drying out like they were before now?

Most of the leaves should be at a 45 degree angle pointed up if they are happy. If the container feels heavy dont water again till it feels like it should and plants are drooping a little from being thirsty.

Coco can hold alot of water so be careful. I prolly would have mixed in some perlite at 50% but that's just me...

is it really necessary feed every 12 hours in coco? in bloom

Hydro shop I have a timer that feeds 20 seconds or so 2 times a day, This seems to be fine if the plants are well rooted,

That really depends on the size of the plants and the way your system is set up. If you are in a "soilless" type of grow as opposed to coco/hydro like me, then you don't want to water/feed but once a day at the very most, and probably more like once every other day. I am in coco but it is connected to a hydro setup so I water/feed multiple times a day. My Bro is in the same thing and he has a constant water/feed set up for the plants in flower. If you are in coco, you need to be sure that the planters(or buckets) are able to drain well as coco does drain well but also holds a certain amount of water as well. :)

Latest posts

Back