Transplant while flowering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grower_Dude

Reaction score
Hello and thank you for reading my post.

I have some plants that I've moved from my nursery to the flowering room. A few of the plants have doubled in size in just over a week--16" to 34" (it is a strain called Candy). I am thinking that the container is no longer large enough, and that transplanting these plants would be best in the long run.

How bad of an idea is transplanting at this point?

Best,

GD

i transplanted at 5 weeks flower with no ill effects.just be gentle doing it.itook a heated knife and cut the bottom off my plastic pot and slit the sides 4 ways and gently put her into a 5 gal bucket.she was so root bound that i did not lose a tablespoon of soil.and she never slowed down.

Ive just transplanted 2 wks into flower,I figured with at least 6 wks to go it was worth the risk given the extra space the roots would have hence bigger plants/buds.Ive noticed no ill effects and growth hasnt slowed at all. Just be gently but quick if poss,roots dont like light.
Good luck my friend

I had a similar issue myself. I had a vent fan die on me so I moved my skunk 1 outside because my box was way to hot. I did it at 3wk into flowering and she is almost done. No problems

andy52 said:
i transplanted at 5 weeks flower with no ill effects.just be gentle doing it.itook a heated knife and cut the bottom off my plastic pot and slit the sides 4 ways and gently put her into a 5 gal bucket.she was so root bound that i did not lose a tablespoon of soil.and she never slowed down.

I'm in the same boat. Would you transplant at the beginning of a light or dark cycle?

just like all girls they like a new house..... so yea transplant em.

I would always transplant at the begining of the light cycle rather then to close to lights out to give my gals longer in the light after transplantation and lesson stress.I dont know 100% but personally I would rather my stressed plants be in the light then in the dark.

I transplanted maybe a week into flower( I was broke could not afford the pots or soil :-| ) and it did not really make much diff :-| I read that first 2 weeks after 12/12 the roots continue but then slow down So a repot after say 4 weeks I would not think helpfull ...Also only really need repot if root bound.....I norm try and repot a week before flower and use some superthrieve .....

Peace

Thanks to all for responding.

I did this once before on my first grow, and things turned out fine. I was willing to take the risk as I was using bag seed just to learn (as it turns out, though, I have a number of really nice plants as a result--just had to watch for the pesky male plants) but this time I have Apollo's Widow, Candy, Dumpster, and X, so I don't want to take any chances!

Best,

GD

Latest posts

Back