transplant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack of all trades

Reaction score
Is there any reason not to start plants in a 5 gallon bucket from the get go? What is the reason for starting in smaller pots?

room is a good holdup for most.

seedlings i like to transplant so i can bury the buggers if the stretch ;)
clones?, giv'er if you got the room.

Personal preference man. Just gotta keep trying new ways til you find one that u feel comfortable with. I like starting small to build up roots and then transplant to bigger 5 gal pot later but man like I said it all depends.

cool thanks guys im using 5 gal for this new grow for first time was using 2.5 gal an thought maybe the soil would become washed out by the time the roots fully matured into it. From peat pellet to 5 gal it is

Pot, or most plants for that matter, don't like to be over potted.

I go from peat pots (seeds), or 1 1/2" rockwool cubes (clones), to 1 gallon, then to 5 gallon.

YMMV

DD

I transplant like DroopyDog does. Gradually working up. If your growing from clones, that's one thing to start in a large pot- but if you're growing from seed, why waste the soil if it turns out male? Also easier to give 'em more effective lighting in a smaller space. Just my thoughts.

I do the same as DD and BBfan...1 gallons take up alot less room than 5 gallons, and a lot less soil.

ya.. i start in pete moss.. then to 1 gal. then to 5

Latest posts

Back