Transplanting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stides

Growin' and Learnin'
Reaction score
Hi im on my first grow right now and my seedlings have grown to about 6 inches tall. They are currently growing in plastic dixie cups by the window. My grow light finally arrived from UPS today and im ready to move them into my grow closet.

So I ask what would be the best way to transfer them to my larger pots?Cut the sides of the cup? Just wondering the way most people do it (or would do it) when starting with a plastic cup.

I would water the cup, and wait 30 minutes. Then come back and remove it like any plant from a pot, gently rotate and squeeze the sides and press lightly on the bottom and try to get the entire thing to come out in one clump. If the roots are wrapped at the bottom you want to loosen them before replanting.

if they are 6 inches tall they should have a good set of roots which will hold the soil in a root ball so just carefully hold the stem, hold the cup, turn it upside down and tease the whole lot out of the cup, the roots should hold everythin together, then you can just pop them in a little hole an pat the dirt in around, just do it slowly and carefully

so you guys dont suggest cutting the sides of the cup?

Latest posts

Back