Trimming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HemperFi

Reaction score
Trimming buds has from the beginning been the only aspect of growing I dislike. It remains to be my least favorite part of the grow, but I have learned how to make it tolerable. I do one branch at a time. First, I take off all the fan leaves and toss them. Then I clip the sugar leaf into a plastic tray in my lap. Music helps. I use good scissors (fiskers) and I use two pair. When one pair gets too sticky to deal with, I put it in a glass of vodka and go to the other pair. I alternate scissors until I am done. It's tedious work, but now I know there is a fine glass of infused vodka waiting for me when the job is done. Seeing all those fat buds hanging and drying is what actually makes it all worth while, but the glass of vodka helps as well.

Peace

Yup Yup i hate it too. I got lazy on one plant never agean.

Its work reckon fur sure pilgrem but the end result be mighty worth the labour ;)

BWD

Like I said -- the end product makes it all good -- but the vodka infusion is a treat for a job well done :)

Peace

clip clip clip...trimming right now...One me least fav too..But we harvesting a lot and the Girl cant keep up..Shhh dont tell her I said that...:rofl:..I dont care for vodka but is in cab....we use glass ISO 99% and swap just as you...yep..fiskers..not manual snips..Happy trimming..and dont forget the smoke breaks
:48:

Does ya really get off with the crap when drinking?...Ill have to have Laura try it:spit:

I try and make it fun--a great movie, good music, something yummy to drink or eat, etc, etc. It is always better is you have a good friend that can help you.

I imagine my first few are going to be very fun, but I can imagine it'd get tedious. I'll always have a few helping hands though.. especially if I place a bud or 2 in those hands at the end of the day... lol

Truly though, Wife and her brother and I should do decent. Fiskers are surely great! I have 1 pair so far, but am going to buy 3 more.

HemperFi said:
Like I said -- the end product makes it all good -- but the vodka infusion is a treat for a job well done :)

Peace

:yeahthat:

infused vodka baby :woohoo: the ultimate recycler

I took down the last plant in my tent yesterday. It was the plant from Hell. I may have let it go too long because it was a bit whispy and had tons of little leaves all through the buds. It took me hours and hours to get it hung and drying. I just hope the smoke is good. I grew one of these plants a couple of grows ago and used most of it for hash making. I wasn't going to grow it again except I wasn't sure it didn't deserve another chance. Veneno, a Sativa freebie from Attitude. I won't grow it again. Live and learn.

Peace

when i have a couple plants to do, i dont mind it at all, maybe even enjoy it, when i have 6 or more to do, i wanna kill myself. LOL

That's why one of the major traits I look for in keeper strains is ease of trimming. A real good A+ strain for me is one that is Fire to smoke and easy to trim, then I worry about how she yields. I have had a few strains that smoked real well but were such a PITA to trim that I let them go and moved on to another. The great ones have rock hard buds the size of eggs, big old fan leaves and very little sugar leaf. Jmo

Back in the day,we would have a blast at the harvest get togethers and have it done in no time! That was when you could trust just about anyone,granted that was 25+ years ago.

Boy have times changed! :D

I agree 100% Hamster. I'm still looking for a main keeper. I had some AK47 I should have kept -- it was pure fire and a simple trim. Oh well.

"Back in the day..." Wasn't it nice when you could trust? No one was a snitch -- the cops didn't even try and turn over a snitch unless there were like tons of drugs involved. The weed is better now though :)

Peace

Latest posts

Back