UFO's And Strawberry Cough LED Grow

• Thread starter northernlightssmokn
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Naw it the norm cali prices small time hustlers get hustled

A QP for about 1200

trillions of atoms said:
take the less than 60 percent of energy consumption yet over 500 per light times 3 or four then take one 600w hid and the amount it consumes in two months times how many cycles to yeild how much ever in only in one cycle....

think about it- there is no savings.

hid espicially a 600w there isnt another alternative to energy savings compared to yeild unless you want to compare the sun and its FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

***!!?? are you high? Did that make any sence at all to anyone? :confused:

stoner

nono 001.JPG

nono 002.JPG

nono 008.JPG

nono 004.JPG

nono 007.JPG

nono 006.JPG

nono 003.JPG

nono 005.JPG

it makes perfect sense...do you want me to break out the calc?

this subject has been discussed more than once my friend LOL and I beg to see your equasion where 3 600 dollar lights plus others (15 watt) which bring a total of under 400 watts of lighting can even compare to a(n) 600 watt HID under one let alone three 300 dollar HID(s) with over twice the penetration and over twice the footprint can yeild less in comparison to an "energy consumption" multiple LED setup overall.

density is key factor in bud production my friend and LED lacks that greatly.

with three 600s and the money saved on the cost of the lights (compared to leds) will easily pay for that extra cost in running them during production cycle and the yeild will greatly overrun the led anyday.

is simple mathmatics... not dogging your grow- the plants look great!

the cost of leds underweigh HID anyday! even if you try and figure in the cost of running them....

lumen intensity is key here brother!

yes eventually the overall cost of the leds will outweigh an hid and that will take T I M E but yeild overall speaks for itself and lumen output equaling yeild for hids still gets the cut my friend.

OK so if you only have so much room to grow, than how do you benifit from equipment that will out grow your space?? We will see. BTW, I guess the letters w.t.f. is a cuss word.... Im sorry to anyone offended. You good christian people you. Anyway, this is an experiment by all means and the results are expected to be scrutinised. I expect a smaller yield. I also expect less potency. this experiment is a hobby for me. It kills the time in the winter and I have no other place to grow even if I wanted. I just harvested my winters personal, so no real hurry to harvest. That same space was where my 600w was and same plants so I have a controle group to put results against. HOW MANY ACTUALY TRIED AN LED GROW WITH THE RIGHT LED'S??? Not many. when it comes down to it most LED stories realy start like this...

"My friend's friend's roommates brother knows a guy who was told that...."

I am glad to have the ability to experiment. Besides, These girls are loving the LED's...If needed I will throw a 600 in there in the end, but lets see what happens.

agreed! I am not doggin ya at all i actually love the setup! man i hope those ladies yeild FAT for ya!! what breeder is the SC from? is it KKSC?

anyway, let us know how the outcome is....and i doubt that anyone was offended from the w t f. and not all of us are christian either!

happy gobble day! :p

Are you saying the light is not good for the cure? Thats interesting...any idea why that would be?

I Think I Read Somewhere Before Someshit About How Light Degrades Thc Or Something Like That

ive read in many high times magazine that light does degrade thc they recommened drying,curing and storing all bud in the dark

So I am going to use Bloom Plus's Big Blooms for Ferts. Supliment w/ bat guano and superthrive. Target ph will be 7.0

I am noticing a slight "taco" effect with a few of the plants.
not due to waterings heat or cold....Maybe nitrogin inbalance?

I am wondering if I should use my well water before or after the water softener and filter?

So a few of the plants show some wierd signs. A slight taco style curving, a little drooping and a wierd twist on a few leaves. I'll take a pic tomorow....
I want to turn the the lights but I wonder if I should untill I know why this is happening..

Ph should be 6.3---6.8..and pics will be helpfull..and will look back at them..but may want to bring that PH down a bit..IMO Thansks for Growing

and light does degrade THC..But I dont worrie about it when Hanging..the bag and the Jar are done in cool dark place..and Budds stored in mason jars in wine cellar..

I know that there was no harm in hanging them in the LED's area. The LED'S are directional and the buds were above them. There was no difference in the smoke after drying them above the LED"S. LOL..I can personaly account to that! This is not the case with HID"S....So one for the books for the LED's.. YOU CAN HANG ABOVE THE LIGHTS WITH NO NOTICABLE LOSS IN POTENCY. This of course is in a closet grow and one test. Others may or may not be conclusive.

I want to bring up that there are alot of people out there that could grow a stash but dont because theyre power bill is included in theyre rent and the space in the closit is too small to controle heat build up. MY goal is to design a grow room that operates using as little energy as possable and minimal to no damage to the owners property or structure. I am also very interested in minimizing any fire potential, such as a fallen light, to much heat build up, overloading of circuts or faulty breakers. I kinda see a need to "adapt" the ways things are done. One day, the power consumption will be regulated by a watchdog group who reports to the police. Some places this is already happening. Other places use heat detection to see the HID lights. This can be beaten with LED"S If the grow closet temp is the same as the rest of the house. The heat sig on a ufo is no more than a laptop with the fan on or a coffee pot brewing. Perfecting LED growing is stage one. Stage two would be to find the perfect strain....or create one, that will grow/flower to maturity in a 3 gallon container and have a good yield. I think maybe lowryder and a scrog of some sort. Instead of growing a bush, why not a "field" kinda like potatoes or strawberries. I am reading other LED and scrog blogs and compiling information. All coments good and bad are welcome!!
I am sure that the time of flower will be increased by a few weeks and maybe even a lesser potency. Those can be worked out at a later date.

4u2sm0ke said:
Ph should be 6.3---6.8..and pics will be helpfull..and will look back at them..but may want to bring that PH down a bit..IMO Thansks for Growing

THAT LOW in flower??? REALY? HHMMMM.... That is currently what it is.... 6.5 in Veg..

My first ferts for bloom, I bring it up to 7.0

I dont think I was successfull at getting a good pic of the leaf that is twisting....I tried many shots and angles....

nonono 011.JPG

nonono 010.JPG

nonono 009.JPG

nonono 008.JPG

nonono 007.JPG

nonono 006.JPG

nonono 005.JPG

nonono 004.JPG

nonono 003.JPG

nonono 002.JPG

nonono 001.JPG

Are You talking about raising your PH, for what nut need the Ph to be at 7.0?

light an drying buds is bad becues of heat. it will promote bartaire to grow, an ruine your hole crop, just what i read thow. but i know light an heat will promp the growth of fungis in decarying plants. witch is what the choronic is doing. has no impact of thc eless dryed in direct sunlight. as the UVA's of the sun will melt the thc trics off an leave u with dry hay weed.

northernlightssmokn said:
I dont think I was successfull at getting a good pic of the leaf that is twisting....I tried many shots and angles....

Is the twisting just on the one leaf? and is it from new growth? I get that on some leafs..I look for heat first ..but you dont have heat issues..lol..then look for buggs..look under and around it..and then just watch it..if its low on plant it will die off anyway..but IMO..it happens..the plants look great my friend..Thanks for shareing..KEEP M GREEN:D