UFO's And Strawberry Cough LED Grow

• Thread starter northernlightssmokn
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well,,if it works well enough to grow some good Bud,,,,with very little footprint:cop:,and uses less energy:hubba:,,I think it is the way to go for Personal Smoke or Med Grows. That way, we do our part at making us less Energy Dependent on other Countries. Growers use alot of Energy at home that others do not. So,, we more then others should be looking for ways to help with energy consumption.
Im using CFL's and soon to be using T5s for everything. Mine is purely Personal, for me and the Wife,,so the yeild with the Floras,, verses HID's heat,cooling, and energy consumption is not worth messing with. I have always grow outside,,,that is the way to go if ya can,,but I cant anymore. :holysheep:

I know,I know,,LEDS are way to expensive. Up front,,,yes. In the long run,,not so much. Me myself,,I dont have the money for LEDS or HIDS.
Of course,,none of this means crap if the LEDS dont grow good Bud.:bong:Did any of that make since,,Im kinda highhhhh right now.:D

Pass me what you got man!!!!

Yes that made great sence!! IF the LED's work...Well we will find out.

haha cowboy! Yea pass me some too!!! :D

I knwo LEDs really do work, I have seen some really fab grows on breeders forums with LEDs. And I say if you can afford them then get them and save on you energy consumption and carbon footprint! If you can't then either stick to cfls, fork out every month on HPS/MH or learn a little electronics and buy the bits (cheaper) and make your own LED light set - that way you can intermingle (if thats a word) the blue and the red lights :)

Hey man, great journal here, lots of good LED info. When I saw your setup I got excited and thought of something. I know that canopy penetration isn't ideal with leds, so with all your UFOs, you could angle the two outer lights so inward so their rays come through at an angle and penetrate the canopies while the center UFO could provide the main light.

Did you get the new second generation UFOs that recently came out, or are those the older ones?

Well, things are looking great man, keep it up, and why not give your girls a little epsom salts like it sounded like you were considering. Maybe they'll like it, ya know?

Other than some concerns with leaf twisting, I am confident that all is well.. I am going turn the lights tonite and give these 6 girls 48 hours of darkness. I am very anxious about this grow. !00% LED Veg and flower. Average temps are 77.2 to 85.5 with humidity of 37%. Total watts for 100% of the grow is 530. Thats 70 watts less than just the light when using hps.

yeah...we need.. we need.. we need to see some more weed..lol..

please do some with lights on and off this time so we can see thanks..why are you letting them go dark when switching to flower? thanks

4u2sm0ke said:
please do some with lights on and off this time so we can see thanks..why are you letting them go dark when switching to flower? thanks

I always give them 36 to 48 hours of pure uninterupted darkness before turning to 12/12 or 11/13 light from veg.

Old way in 5 gal. buckets and Hid:
24 hrs light as clone under plant spectrum flourescents until ready for veg
10 to 14 days 18/6 600w MH for veg
48 hrs no light
30 days 12/12 flower w/ 600w hp
remaining 15 to 20 days flower 11/13

(18/6,12/12,11/13= light on/off)

Now with the LED's and 3 1/2 gal. containers:

24hrs flouro's for cuts till ready for veg
8 to 12 days veg under led's
36 hrs dark
flower is of course 12/12 and I do not know how long it will take.

Just curious, whas the reason behind your long dark period before flowering??

i've heard of 24-36 hours of straight darkness right before the harvest but never between the veg and flower cycle

im curious also

Im still curious as well my friend..I just worded it wrong I supose..lol..i did dark Last season at harvest..but this year am flowering at diffrent stages. so wont be able too..thanks for shareing with us..KEEP M GREEN

Well i just typed a long explination for the darkness period and an update for the journal and submitted it. It never made it to the forum. So i dont want to retype all that...

northernlightssmokn said:
So a few of the plants show some wierd signs. A slight taco style curving, a little drooping and a wierd twist on a few leaves. I'll take a pic tomorow....
I want to turn the the lights but I wonder if I should untill I know why this is happening..

dont know if its been answered already, havent finished thread but sounds like a magnesium def. start w/ 1/2 tsp/ gal epsom salt. had same thing happen to me. be easy w/ it as too much can cause lockout.

northernlightssmokn said:
Well i just typed a long explination for the darkness period and an update for the journal and submitted it. It never made it to the forum. So i dont want to retype all that...

thanks anyway:)

3rd day of flower...

PC040001.JPG

PC040002.JPG

PC040003.JPG

PC040004.JPG

PC040005.JPG

PC040008.JPG

nice shots, very healthy lookin plants there :)

Looks like you're gonna succeed where I failed. Your canopy looks extremely penetrated with your 3 LEDs. I just couldn't get the light penetration I needed with one LED light. Just one light leaves alot of shadows in my canopy, but I take it your don't have that problem eh?

Well I will be watching your ladies too see how they like your LEDs for buddin, good luck man!

groworganic said:
The only advantage I see would be the reduction of heat, and that is a huge issue for me. What are your temps like in there?

I can controle it so well in the closet by adjusting the intake fan that I can set it like a thermostat any where between the room temp of 69deg to the the warmest the closet gets with out intake which is 88.6deg. I keep it 78deg and the humidity right around 35%. It's great. The hps was 93deg. no matter what.