UFO's And Strawberry Cough LED Grow

• Thread starter northernlightssmokn
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4u2sm0ke said:
Ph should be 6.3---6.8..and pics will be helpfull..and will look back at them..but may want to bring that PH down a bit..IMO Thansks for Growing

I have taken your advice and lowerd my ph from 7.0 to 6.4 Thanks for the advice,I checked around and 6.2 to 6.5 seems the norm...

Well I have bud sites everywhere!! Only day 8

I am concerned with some leaf twisting and yellowing but they look wonderful.

PC090001.JPG

PC090002.JPG

PC090003.JPG

PC090004.JPG

PC090005.JPG

PC090006.JPG

PC090008.JPG

PC090009.JPG

NL, I may be one of the few who saw a website with an LED grow a few years ago. It used blue and red LED. Not sure what they were supposed to be equivalent to but overall the plants were pretty punky. You appear to have a higher light concentration and your plants seem to be doing a lot better.

I gotta review and see where you were week to week to make any comparisons to a 'normal' MH/HPS grow. I'm currently doing a SC grow myself.

I think it's cool to experiment. I try to keep an open mind to accept my results as they are and learn from it. Good luck!

Well here we go..lol

I got bugs....little white crawly bugs. I have never had bugs before. I got to wondering, new light now new bugs... Have you noticed that alot of people get bugs when they get led's. True. Google the word LED grow and you will find alot of grow journals mention infestation where there has never been a problem before... I wonder...
Anyway, The bugs are leaving tracks everywhere and I am finding bug sign and leaf damage on all 5 of the girls. They are little white bugs that dont fly...YET! I will get something tomorow for them at the garden dept...ANY Suggestions!?!?

BUD SITES EVERYWHERE!! now they are about the size of a pencil's erasor...after a little use...lol The bud sites seem unharmed from the bugs.

The LED's are starting to show theyre lack of penitration power. This is to be expected and anticipated. I picked a FEW fan leaves here and there. I know I know....hey its like robbing peter to pay paul but paul is screaming the lowdest..lol I took a plant out so now there are 5. this allows for more space per plant. I picked a few fan leaves as I mentioned. this allows for uninterupted light to get down further. I was careful in my selection and took only 2 per plant. The two that would allow the most vegitation under it to benifit. I am CONSIDERING topping the plants also...but not till I get some feedback...maybe bending the tops over instead of cutting them?...HHMMM I dont know...ANY IDEAS!!??

Ph is 6.3
temp is 82 deg. stable (24hrs)
humidity is 33%
12/12
Day 13

I will get some pics up in a day or two....

I would get neem oil. I just got rid of (knock on wood and fingers crossed) a little pest infestation myself and it worked quite well for me. I have been both feeding it and spraying it on the plant, taking no chances. I like that you can do that with neem oil, keep some in the plants vascular system to keep pests and funguses away.

Cant wait for the pics!

I hope no one yells at ya about the fan leaves, cause after flowerin with LEDs, I can see your train of thought and it'll be interesting to see how much, or if, it does help, ect.

About topping the plant, I dunno bout that. I would definately bend instead of top at this point in flowering. To top now would be to throw away good bufd ya know? 14 days in I often have to bend mine, and I always get an incredible harvest both in quantity and quality off of plants I bend. I guess in your case the biggest problem wiould be the shadow created by the bending...

I couldnt ID the bugs...The closest I could come was knats or white flies that dont fly...lol
I picked up some spray's today. One organic and one chemical. I sprayed the walls and floors, the whole closet with the chemical spray and sprayed the plants with the organic spray. I dowsed them real good on top and bottom of leaves. I trimmed off most of the yellowed areas of the leaves and now I will water in a few hours. I waited till I needed to water before I sprayed them so they will soak it up. I also relocated the fans to circulate air more around the soil top and the the base of the plant.

I am not going to top them or bend them yet. I'll wait a week or so and see. I dont want to stress them out. Beautiful bud sites! daily growth is noticable everywhere from the top to the bottom.

Later today when I water I will snap some pics...

UKgirl420 said:
why not pinch the stems in stead to stop the growth for a couple of days :peace:

:eek:
I wouldn't recommend that UK... because he's in flower... disturbing the girls while in flower is a no-no... everything that you do to disrupt growth should be done in veg... not in flower, IMO

Hello my friend and happy Sunday 2U...Think the red led that brings out the breading intensaty..I have found that you want to have a few diffrent battle plans..I like too use neem oil...and have just released Lady bugs in there..also have the DIY pepper mix found here on MP..If you Have the Mites they will become ammuned to just one treatment..you want to mix it up..also in flower..lower the the temps to 77..and raise Humiddity to 40..Bugs dont bread in these conditions as much..you running 82..and low hum..you have a perfect "BREADING" enviorment and not the one Im experamenting with:rofl:..and I do what ever i need to the plant up untill 3 rd week in flower..after the "stretch"..this is when i remove all restraints ( if doing LST )..tie it.. pinch it..what ever to aid it..just my thaughts:bolt::bong:

Day 18...

All is well...no major bug sign. I am still seeing a light penitration issue and a stretching issue as well. Not critcal issues....YET.

Slightly bigger buds...not by much though...Very healthy plants and buds. White hairs and pleanty of bud sites. I see a little more space inbetween bud sites than with HID's

So far so good...

I wonder if you would get better yields with a SCROG setup and your LED's.

nice look'n forest in there, man :aok:

...makes ya wanna break out the GI Joe action figurines and start make'n little commando missions in the forest like when u were a kid....:D

Whoot, looks likes you're one of the first to be pulling off this LED grow well... Keep it up man.

My first thought as an engineer was simply to make my own. (Someone I know spent some time a while ago trying to persuade me to 'get into this new market' and build lamps for him.)
So I spent some time checking LED suppliers. And this led to doubts as to the real power of the UFOs, because from a well known LED supplier I discovered that 1W LEDs are like $8 each! So a 15W lamp would cost $120 just for the LEDs alone, and still have to add a power supply, circuit board, and control electronics! Too much by far. So where UFO get their 1W LEDs from and still can make a profit, heaven only knows. Still, it is really interesting to see how the grow goes.