Update 7/25/07 outdoor grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktownlegend

Col. Red Eyes
Reaction score
these are a couple of pics of two of my babies right now. as of this morning. one in the ground and another in a pot on the porch. take a look tell me what u think, comments tips.

100_0285.JPG

100_0286.JPG

100_0287.JPG

100_0288.JPG

looks good to me ... how old are they ktown????

the one in the ground got planted sometime in the last week of april, the one in the pot about 2 weeks after that, they've both been transplanted 4 times

can a mod move this thread to the grow journal, its not budding yet so i don't think it should be in this section. i'll have some new pics in a few more days, switch nutes to high potas/phos base, put up clear plastic sheeting around my porched one, u can look in the pic, i check the ph its around 6.5-6.8 so its not over nuted. but it does look a lil cooked from to much direct light. hence the clear plastic, the others in the ground have been switch on nutes and both had 6 tops just got topped again the other day. the other 4 in pots will be gettin transplanted into 3 gal pots later this evening, along with a refresh on the soil so to speak, just ur basic fox farm organic soil. pics be here soon, that and i ain't got much time to sit here.

to be continued.....

You realize PH has nothing to do with your Nutes.

PH is hydro atoms in the water.

Do you use any nutes at all? Because IMO i think your plants need some
Nitrogen. And just remember.. Better to under water, than over water.

can't really over water the ones in the pots, and i actually just switched nutes from a heavy nitrogen base to a different one for flowering, i get some new pics on here for u to see so that way u can better help me.

Yes you can over water MJ in pots.. Many do all the time.
and they wonder why their plants are drooping and have discoloration.

IMO: I would water only once every 2-3 days. Even if the soil looks dry.
Its hard not to water, during your grow. But the roots in a soil grow
need Oxygen, as much as they need moisture with nutes.

well i just transplanted the rest into 3 gal pots, worked in some fresh soil into the top soil around the ones in the ground. i agree on the watering also, but occasionally when it looks like they could use it, i'll mist them just a touch so that way the leaves will get a lil direct h20.

i got one i transplanted today, i'm having an issue with frankly... its just to damn tall. lol for the most part i like short bushes with a pine tree sorta look to it, this one on the other hand is going up, over waist high by at least 8 inches. is there ne way to prune or trim it to make it shorter with out literally cutting the tops down farther? pics will be up tomorrow morning. i got one little one thats not doing all that well, two others close to the same size and what not, one got all pissy after the last transplant over a month ago, so we'll see how this transplant goes the last one, nothing outstanding. just typical late plant.

plants are looking alright in my oppinion im thinking they should be a little bigger after growing for 3 months, upgrade your pot size or feed the pour little bastards nice looking thoe ,, what are you using for ferts and what is your soil mixture? and mrpuffsalot is definatly right you can over water in pots and he is giving you some good advice,, oh yeah what strain are you growing?? good luck with your grow.

the strain is a mystery, i got some smoke one day, its was very tasty just the previous farmer didn't pluck the male fast enough so it ended up with seeds. yea theres a few that i've kept in smaller pots to tone down the height. ferts is solid fert u have to dilute 2 teaspoons to 1 gallon of water. its really high in potassium and phos. soil is a combination now so to speak the make soil clump the plants started in is ur eveyday organic soil with humus added. but that was awhile ago, now they all sit in fox farm organic soil. it has more nutes and ferts in it that one could add to a soil. its suppose to contain enough to feed for up to two months deeping on growth stage. o yea i know about the over watering thing, but the soil mixture i have passes water extremely well. im going to take the pics here in a second u'll see what i've just done.

all the ones in black pots were transplanted about 3 - 4 hours ago.

100_0322.JPG

100_0323.JPG

100_0324.JPG

100_0325.JPG

100_0326.JPG

100_0327.JPG

well since transplant. they've all perked right up just like thought. the lil one turned a nice lush green finally. i started mixing up the purning a lil bit, between topping and stem pinching or whatever u guys call that. i'll get some new pics in about a week or so. starting to stink though. gotta good smell. and when i top a top theres just the slightest bit of what looks like thc secreated from the end. i still see an ant here and there. nothing on the undersides of the leaves, but i noticed a couple of new holes in two of them.
ne thoughts or solutions.

ktownlegend said:
well i just transplanted the rest into 3 gal pots, worked in some fresh soil into the top soil around the ones in the ground. i agree on the watering also, but occasionally when it looks like they could use it, i'll mist them just a touch so that way the leaves will get a lil direct h20.

i got one i transplanted today, i'm having an issue with frankly... its just to damn tall. lol for the most part i like short bushes with a pine tree sorta look to it, this one on the other hand is going up, over waist high by at least 8 inches. is there ne way to prune or trim it to make it shorter with out literally cutting the tops down farther? pics will be up tomorrow morning. i got one little one thats not doing all that well, two others close to the same size and what not, one got all pissy after the last transplant over a month ago, so we'll see how this transplant goes the last one, nothing outstanding. just typical late plant.

From what I know pinching the stem will halt growth and produce a more bushy plant. It takes less energy to produce stems instead of stalk. That is the only way I know of though.:rolleyes:

i know that part, thanks for your thoughts, im still wondering about the holes in the leaves. theres nothing on the bottoms of the leaves at all, no dots, not thing crawling around, but holes seem to mysteriously appear mainly the big sun leaves with the holes. the cigarette water trick doesn't seem to be stopping whatevers doing it.

ktownlegend said:
these are a couple of pics of two of my babies right now. as of this morning. one in the ground and another in a pot on the porch. take a look tell me what u think, comments tips.

Look at the picture to the far left. In the top right of it you will see a bug on the leaf. That is your problem you are being eatin. Are you looking for a way to stop this?

clever_intuition said:
Look at the picture to the far left. In the top right of it you will see a bug on the leaf. That is your problem you are being eatin. Are you looking for a way to stop this?

i see no bug, but yes thats what i looking to stop, it seems to only be on the ones that have been in the ground. none in pots

Forgive my bluntness today, it was a long night at the KMK show last night, and today has been frustrating, irritating and down right jsut pissing me off. so if you could excuse my being pissed off. and help me out that would be great.

ktownlegend said:
i see no bug, but yes thats what i looking to stop, it seems to only be on the ones that have been in the ground. none in pots

Go up to your first pictures posted. The one to the far left. look up in the right hand corner, the middle leaf it has a very sightable bug on it.

I have heard that Basil is a good bug deturant though.

Fresh basil. This method is probably more expensive than some organic pesticides?

Latest posts

Back