UPDATE to length of veg time thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WAGMAN007

Reaction score
Thanks for your informative input. I started my flowering at 45 days mainly because of my head room (6'6"). They have been on 12/12 for 3 weeks I am the proud father 14 daughters and 16 bastards. I am fairly happy with my top growth except they are a little leggy. I use the Rev's formulas for veg ,flowering and am about to start finish tea shortly. My lighting is Sunmaster Neutral Deluxe 1000 watt HPS to MH conversion bulb on light movers.
I have added some pics of the root ball from a male. Why does my root ball
look so inadequate to support this top growth?

Thanks again Wagman
:holysheep: **** to the people

Weed is proof that God loves us and wants us to be HAPPY !

If a man says something in the forest and there is no woman there to hear it is it still a lie?

72 days from sprout 001.JPG

72 days from sprout 009.JPG

72 days from sprout 002.JPG

72 days from sprout 011.JPG

72 days from sprout 012.JPG

I can't swear to this but I believe that part of that leggy growth is the Sativa dominant structure trait, but more that you are having some stretch from not having enough lumens of light. That size space, I would have 4 1kw HPS lights over them, and not on light movers, those things just don't work that good for efficiently spreading light energy. If you have 4 fixtures on the movers so that they are getting more lumens then the movers would be beneficial, but they fail to do more with less.

I'm not sure about the conversion bulbs but I think they don't put out as much lumens either. If you can afford it, the electronic ballasts are so much more handy. :) The plants look healthy though, but I believe stretch would account for the larger canopy versus root mass.

i have to agree with hush. not enough light. when you can see huge patches of shadows in your grow room you don't have enough light. the large gaps between nodes are a sign of the plant desperately trying to get closer to the light.

though. in pic 3 the top colas look real fat on the plant in the front left of the photo.

mojo for your grow, wag :48:

Latest posts

Back