Uses of Marijuana and Epilepsy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sickbiker

Reaction score
So my sister 26 and has suffered form epilepsy for 25 1/2 years and has had every treatment under the sun and nothing have help they even went as far as to remove part of her brain the size of a lemon. I have been doing some reasherch on the use of marijuana for treament for epilepsy. I was just wandering if anyone knows anything about this and could give me some info it would be greatly appreciated

i know i have a patient that is paralyzed from the waist down. he has bad spasms and uses my lemon skunk og to medicate. he swears it nearly fixxes his leg spasms in the mornings. he swears it helps. its worth a shot

Its hard to cause mm is not legal yet here in ohio.

it makes me sick that its not. It could help so many people ok im not going to get started cause then i just get mad and upset that someone like my sister has to suffer

I don't know how pot works for seizures, I don't know if you have to keep it always in your system like seizure medicine or if it helps if you know you are going to have them to ingest it then? I have read that it does indeed help epilepsy but not sure how. I am sorry your sister has suffered from this, my son has it. I am really sorry the surgery didn't help. I take it she has grand mal?
We need research! Is she seizing every day? Does the Cleveland clinic know about it? We need doctors to get some studies done. Good luck. She is lucky to have you for a brother.

I have a friend whose wife has epilepsy, he is a regular smoker and she was not. He noticed that if she smoked with him that she went longer without having a seizure, now he insists that she smoke with him a couple times a week and she doesn't have them nearly as frequently.

i don't know why it helps, but i know it's one of the easiest problems to get a medical card for, so it must.
i was already a rec user when i had my first seizure, so it didn't stop it there, but i'm a daily smoker and take my meds (tegretol) and though i'm still classed as an epileptic, i've been seizure free for years now (though, like most epi's i still have those 'obtuse' days i call them, where i don't feel right)

now, there's many types of epileptics and seizures (i'm sure you know this)
it's always been my opinion that the term epileptic is a very broad one basically meaning "sorry, you got something wrong in yer head and we don't know why" so not everyone will react the same.

has she smoked before? cause while it can be a great help for some, it can also make things worse and trigger a seizure in others.

so just be careful, but i hope you can supply the help she needs

google ''granny storm crows list'', and you will find some things your searching for friend...peace...

Rosebud said:
I don't know how pot works for seizures, I don't know if you have to keep it always in your system like seizure medicine or if it helps if you know you are going to have them to ingest it then? I have read that it does indeed help epilepsy but not sure how. I am sorry your sister has suffered from this, my son has it. I am really sorry the surgery didn't help. I take it she has grand mal?
We need research! Is she seizing every day? Does the Cleveland clinic know about it? We need doctors to get some studies done. Good luck. She is lucky to have you for a brother.
On a good day she has 5 to 10 when her meds get out of wack she will have any were for 20 to 40 a day. she has been going to the cleveland clinic from the age of 1 she was just in there for 4 day for yet another study. sorry to hear about your son wish the best for him.

After i watched the run from the cure documentary it had me wondering if maybe the hemp oil could help. Thank u everyone for the help it means alot to me

I wish the cleveland clinic had alternative medicine. I have never been there, just family of ours has. My son got them at an early age also. I will send very good wishes to your sister, what a hard thing to endure. I wish you all the luck in finding an answer for her.

Yeah live about 30 mins from the clinic. Thank u my freind wish the best for your son

Latest posts

Back