1. Bud of the Month: Squish / No name plant
    Dismiss Notice

Using cannabis to deal with cancer and other ailments.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana' started by SMOKINGRANPA, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Aug 3, 2018 #21

Rosebud

Rosebud

Rosebud

Organic dirt farmer Staff Member Admin Moderator

Joe, i woke up thinking about you this morning. We haven't seen you in a while and i worry. I am so glad to hear your good, maybe stable news. I am so thrilled. Keep doing what your doing and don't stay away too long please.

2. Aug 10, 2018 #22

powerplanter

powerplanter

powerplanter

Ok, so. I have a tumor on my eye. Probably a melanoma, but could be from the lung cancer. I have to have a radiattion patch sewn on to my eye and keep it for five days and then removed. They will take a biopsy of the tumor to see what it is, but this procedure will work for both types of cancer. Used to they would have to remove the eye, but lucky for me they do this now. They said I will most likely lose some of my vision, if not almost all. The radiation does damage to the optic nerve. I'm a bit nervous about this one. I really was hoping not to lose my site. Will see how it goes. I'll let you know how it goes. Surgery is Aug. 27th. I will have to stay there for five days because of the radiation patch. So I'll go home on the 31st.

3. Aug 10, 2018 #23

Rosebud

Rosebud

Rosebud

Organic dirt farmer Staff Member Admin Moderator

Oh man PP, that doesn't sound like any fun. wishing and hoping for the very best for you. Let us know please.

powerplanter likes this.
  4. Aug 10, 2018 #24

powerplanter

powerplanter

powerplanter

Thanks Rose. I'll keep ya all updated... I also had a girl who I met in chemo gave me this card about a website called advocacyconnector.com. They have a whole list of organizations that help with cancer patients. They have all kinds of programs to help with finances, travel and just getting a ride to appointments. I hope it helps...

5. Aug 12, 2018 at 9:16 PM #25

SMOKINGRANPA

SMOKINGRANPA

SMOKINGRANPA

I have to say you are one brave a-- son of a gun, you have an awesome attitude, kinda inspirational, all the best man.....

Rosebud and powerplanter like this.
  6. Aug 12, 2018 at 9:24 PM #26

powerplanter

powerplanter

powerplanter

Thanks SG, the nurses and doctors say attitude is everything with this disease. I've always had a good attitude though. I always try to stay positive. This disease makes it tough sometimes though. The nurses at the chemo place say I always came in with a smile and that always put a smile on their faces. They love me.... lol Green MOJO SG. :D

7. Aug 13, 2018 at 4:09 PM #27

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

Granny Mod Staff Member Admin

You are both brave sobs. I admire your courage and strength while facing this horrible disease. Please never hesitate to PM me if there is anything I can do.

powerplanter likes this.