Using suger while flowering.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iClown

Stoned Indefinitly.
Reaction score
Hey I read on this site that you can use sugar in your water while flowering your plants to give the plants more carbohydrates and increase budsize by 20% while making it taste better, my questions are; Can you use normal white sugar? if not, what type of sugar or glucose do I have to buy. What week into flowering should I feed my plants sugar, Im half way through week 2, white hairs just starting to populate the colas. How much sugar do I use per like cup of water? any negatives to using sugar? like if my plants are outside I would assume the sugar would attract bugs, so I would water it before I bring them in for the night cycle, but any other bad thingys

go buy some CarboLoad By (A.N) . 30 $ a 4 L Bottle .. no need make ur own glucose waste time

I never used "white sugar" The only thing i used late in flower was black strap mollasses. But you need to be in an organic medium with your microbes in the soil workin like mad. If you put it in a chem grow...no use. just sit there and gum up the roots.

Roots can absorb carbs, mainly complex carbs but some simple carbs as well. That is the reason that I choose to use carbo load as it ihas both a simple and complex carbs, with the majority of the simple carbs feeding the microbes and all of the complex carbs being absorbed by the plants for immediate or later use.

Supplementing carbs in late flowering provides energy that is being frantically used by the plant which will lead to larger, heavier yeilds with more trichs and a hightened level of aroma. I have used a lot of different things and have found that liquid carboload works best for me.

So white sugar is a bad idea or just pointless? I could go buy some of that carboload stuff but does anyone know if any other type of sugary household product would work so I dont have to spend dolla billas on sugary thrills.

unless you have mollassas lying around I wouldn't even bother. A lot don't grow with it and have great success. ;)
Some of us just are never "happy" enough we gotta get bigger and fatter with each succesive grow ;)

If this is your first I would recommend just growing it with the basics...light ferts...water. Then after you get things chimed in then move onto the additives. just my two bits. ;)

Okay thank you this is my first grow, but somehow I managed to do very well, only like 10 days into flowering so far though.

But just for kicks, I just go to the store and buy liquid mollases and dilute with water? water, then wait?

Not a good idea (IMO) unless you have a totally organic grow with all micro nutes doing their thing. worst thing you could do is have a girl in flower and add some mole butt :D to it and then watch as your baby gets nute lock and dies off fast cause she isnt getting food or water up the stalk anymore when that stuff gums up.

But yeah if you wanted to do it for kicks it would be a learning experience, and how youd go about it.

I do not know I would just water them with it hahaha, I have a couple smaller plants Im budding kinda test subjects, my one buddy drowned one in miracle grow water ( idiot -.- ) and I fimmed/ topped the hell out of it, then planted it outside for a month and brought it back in, its kinda fucked but a perfectly healthy plant atm.

Mutt makes a great point and that is right on with me..I have only 3 Harvest under me and they have been great..now that said..yes I want to try and top each Harvest tryN diffrent techn, but my first grow I just baught fox farm nutes and fallowed the feeding sched..started 1/2 strength and worked up..soon they was taking full strength and packing on the weight..Good luck to you and my suggestion..get your system down first then worry about all the technical crap later..worry first on keeping them allive..KEEP M GREEN

I Totally agree Mutt, I am also myself a member of the KISS club... I think as well that one should master the basics and then and only then move on to more advanced methods and products. Supplementing carbs will only help if all aspects of your enviroment and feeding schedule are in tact. Plants will maufacture their own carbs and what they manufacture is more then sufficient to realize a great bountiful harvest.

Latest posts

Back