"Vertigo" vertical light grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old blue

Reaction score
My 5 Vertigo babies are now 3 weeks old, so i thought i'd start on growlog on them. This is my 1st vertical light . For now, i have a 400 mh on them, and they're staying short and bushy. They're only about 5-6" tall, and each have 7-8 nodes already. I'm gonna veg them for another 2-3 weeks before flippin. Next week, i'm gonna take a few clones off of each, to fill in the empty spaces, once i sex them and chop the males. I wanna have 6 or 7 plants surrounding the light. Also, i'm gonna experiment with a vertical scrog setup on the big fems. Once i flip to 12/12, i'm gonna switch to my 400 hps, and add in a 600 watter on top of that, if temps allow me.

Btw, the buckets are on blocks, so the filter can breathe cool air in better.

P6300475.JPG

P6300476.JPG

P6300473.JPG

P6300474.JPG

P630472.JPG

P6300472.JPG

Looks great! Healthy plants, kinda look like my Northern Lights plants.:)

Very interesting, indeed! I am going to pull up a stool for this. I love pic3 She is a cutie! The last pic looks like some weird satanic ritual without clicking on the pic to make it big enough to enjoy what it really is.lol

Very interesting, indeed! I am going to pull up a stool for this. I love pic3 She is a cutie! The last pic looks like some weird satanic ritual without clicking on the pic to make it big enough to enjoy what it really is.lol

good lookin girls!!!

do you rotate ya plants thruout the day at all? im thinkin if not, then the rest gets starved of light, no?

zipflip said:
good lookin girls!!!

do you rotate ya plants thruout the day at all? im thinkin if not, then the rest gets starved of light, no?

Thanks, zip. And yeah, i rotate them once or twice a day, 1/4 to 1/2 turn. They keep growing towards the light.

switch the fan to blowing thru the cooltube instead of sucking hot air into the fans internals.

looking great btw.

skallie

skallie said:
switch the fan to blowing thru the cooltube instead of sucking hot air into the fans internals.

looking great btw.

skallie

The way i have my cab, it wouldn't be practical. I'd have to rework the whole setup. I have the fan about 7' from the light, at the top of the closet, so by the time it reaches it, the air has cooled down quite a bit.

rig up liek some sorta slowly rotating merry go round and set em on it. that'd be somethin sweet as hek i think.
i heard a few on here discussin this idea an since then i cant help but try to think of a somethin to mod up for this type use.
but yet it be somethin on the cost efficient side.
but tryin to fid something that moves slow enuf not to spin em off the plate by centrifugal force but yet able to support the weight of the pots i think may be a tad difficult.

zipflip said:
rig up liek some sorta slowly rotating merry go round and set em on it. that'd be somethin sweet as hek i think.
i heard a few on here discussin this idea an since then i cant help but try to think of a somethin to mod up for this type use.
but yet it be somethin on the cost efficient side.
but tryin to fid something that moves slow enuf not to spin em off the plate by centrifugal force but yet able to support the weight of the pots i think may be a tad difficult.

I'm sorry, but i'm not lazy enough to not be able to spin my babies a 1/4 turn a day. lol. The merry go round concept would be a trainwreck, while using DWC. You'd have twisted up airlines everywhere. I like to keep things simple, yet effective. ;)

Ok, i got a lil dilemma. This is my 1st time growing a "sweet" strain, and i'm almost out of nutes, and need sum advice on which to get. I use Flora nova series and Calmag, that i'm gonna stick with. But i'm almost out of Liquid Karma and Carboload, and was wondering if i should replace these, or go with something different like "Sweet" or "Big bud"?

The merry go round concept would be a trainwreck, while using DWC.
oops i guess i wasnt payin attention above. i assumed it was soil buckets lol.
my bad. lol

Well, my babies will be 4wks old tomorrow and are doing GREAT! 3 out of 5 are really turning into bushes, and starting to presex. 2 r deff fem, and the other is still too hard to tell. I'll be taking a few clones off each of them, in the next 3-4 days. I had planned on vegging them all for 6 wks, but think i'm gonna only do 5, since they're growing really fast now. I only have just under 6' of height to work with. I'm also going to build the vertical scrog trellises early this week, to start training them, right after i take clones. i figure they'll be about 1' tall in the scrog, when i flip to 12/12. I can't wait to see how this experiment turns out. i've consistantly gotten 3-4ozs per plant under my 400, when it was horizontal, so i'm curious what i'll get, now it's vertical, being surrounded with no light lost. Especially since i'll be adding a 600w above it in a few weeks. ;)

Btw, will be out of town til sun nite, so i'll post new pix monday.

So, the girls are 30 days old today. I took clones from the 3 that i'm sure are girls and a few from 1 that im not so sure. They are doing great and i'm diggin the vertical light setup, cause the growth is thick all the way to the bottom of the plants. I have a feeling that this is gonna yield alot more than having it horizontal. But, time will tell. I was gonna do a vertical scrog with each plant, but i think i'll save that til next time, just in case this doesnt go as planned. When u change too many things at once, if things go wrong, u dont know which one caused it. So, one change at a time. The biggest girl is about a ft tall, so i think i'm only gonna veg for 5 wks, instead of the planned 6. I dont want em gettin TOO big and wide for my setup.

So here's a few progress pics, and a few of the clones in the cloner. ;)

P7070472.JPG

P7070476.JPG

P7070477.JPG

P7070474.JPG

P7070478.JPG

P7070479.JPG

Here is a new pic, with the new 600hps on top of the 400. I now have 3 5wk vegged girls and 4 other buckets with 2 1wk clones in each, to fill in the empty spaces between the big girls. As u can see, i did a experimental v-scrog with the 1 big girl in the back corner to see the difference. Now the only problem is keeping temps down. With just the 400, i was at a consistent 75-77, now by adding the 600, i'm hovering at 84-85*. I'm gonna try adding a comp fan on 1 of my 2 passive intakes tonight, to help force some cool air in. My temps right outside the cab stay around 72-75.

P7220479.JPG

Looking good Old Blue. So now that you're into it a bit, what are your thoughts on the vertical set-up?

Latest posts

Back