Very Sick plant.. first time growing. HELP!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BudMan101

Reaction score
I don't know what to do.. :(

photo 1.JPG

photo 3.JPG

Read the articles here. All the posts, journals, etc. Ton of info that will get you rolling.

I did. Still not sure though. From what i read all i need to do is add some NPK.. idk though

Part of it. Air, temps, lighting, etc, etc. a young seedlin like that wont need much if anything at all. Just good PH balanced medium and water.

You should adopt plants protection measures if you don't know about that then you can find these measures through google you can get lot of information and techniques about your sick plants.

Bud123 said:
You should adopt plants protection measures if you don't know about that then you can find these measures through google you can get lot of information and techniques about your sick plants.

we'll let them google the health care you're spamming in your sig too... :rolleyes:

nouvellechef said:
Part of it. Air, temps, lighting, etc, etc. a young seedlin like that wont need much if anything at all. Just good PH balanced medium and water.

:yeahthat: If you're feeding them already, that could be a problem. If you're spilling the nuted water on the tender leaves, that might be a problem as well.

You need to tell us the particulars of your grow. How much light, what medium is that plant in, how often are you watering, what nutrients if any, the age of the plant, the temps of the water and air that it is in. With MJ growing, every little factor will make a difference to those plants. MJ is a very need specific plant. Just from first glance I would say that it is in too hot a soil and/or it is getting watered/fed too much. it is very easy to kill MJ with kindness.

BudMan101 said:
I did. Still not sure though. From what i read all i need to do is add some NPK.. idk though

LOL--No, there is way way way more to it. I would recommend doing some specific reading about lighting needs, then ventilation needs, then nutrient needs, then soil mixtures, etc, etc. You are going to have to have a proper grow space set up with proper lighting and ventilation. You need proper grows medium and proper nutrients. I recommend buying some nutrients formulated for marijuana (like Fox Farm or General Hydroponics). Use their vegging nutes when vegging and their flowering nutes when flowering--these have the correct amounts of NPK without guessing on your part. I also recommend germinasting more than 1 seed. If your plant turns out to be male, all you have gone through is for naught.

As to your problems right now, what did you plant this in (be very specific as the soil matters a lot) and have you fed the plant any NPK? If so what and how much?

The soil level is pretty low in that pot, soil should be near the top of the pot. How big are the pots? Can you get some closer pics? how old are they.
They dont look like they are stretching which is good and new growth looks ok as well.

Thanks for the help everyone. I'm going to answer everyone's questions in this one reply.. here goes... :

Photo 1 :I added a close up picture. (this is the closest i can get w/o the photo becoming blurry)

Photo 2: This is the soil my plant is currently in. (Un-nuted organic soil mix)

The soil was higher before, i think one the plant started growing, the soil started to minimize. My plant is almost 3 weeks old now. I started growing it Jan. 11th. I water her ( i found out that my plant is a female today btw =] ) around once every 2-3 days. I gave her food ONCE so far. The pot is about 7 inches tall and 3 inches wide. When i fed the plant NPK, it was around 3-4 ounces worth. The plant is under my CFL bulb 24 hours a day. I know i need to invest in a MH or HPS setup. ( please dont tell me this AGAIN) I have a very cheap set up. The bulb was 5 bucks and made the plant grow. I have a special bulb for the flowering stage as well. I have 2 CFL's that emit blue light and 2 CFL's that emit red light when i need to flower. The temp of the room is always around 70-75 degrees. As is the water since its in the same room. When i fed it i did pour the food/water on the tender leaves... i thought it would help it.. not the other way around =[.

I have never checked the PH of my soil b/c i dont have a PH reader lol. I will get one this weekend though. Also, when should i transplant her into nuted soil?

I hope all this info helps all of you help me .. my baby is sick :watchplant:

photo 2(1).JPG

photo 1(1).JPG

"When i fed the plant NPK, it was around 3-4 ounces worth."

I think this is your problem...... what did you feed them....... how much..... how long ago...... I think you have burned them with nutrients....... they don't need any first 10 days or so......... and watered down nutrients for the first week or 2 after that.

i fed them miracle grow. It was 4 days ago. They were older than 10 days by then.

Miracle grow is strong for mj. You need to start at about 1/4 and that can cause a little burn as well sometimes if its the all purpose one. Take a picture of the mute container please.
What'd the watts on the bulbs? Not the equivalent. You can grow with cfls if you have enough light and vent. They do not look light deprived at all imo.

The soil compresses when You water it. I would transplant to a bigger pot.

1/4 of a teaspoon? two 6500K 75w & two 2700K 100w.
Here are the photos of the nute container. I added the second one so you can see the numbers on the top and so you can see the size of the pot compared to the box.

photo 1(2).JPG

photo 2(2).JPG

1/4 the recommended. I have used that one with no problems. Just have to be really careful. I would transplant to a bigger pot and then give it a good water to flush put any unwanted nutes. When are you planning in flowering? Is it an auto?

Jericho said:
1/4 the recommended. I have used that one with no problems. Just have to be really careful. I would transplant to a bigger pot and then give it a good water to flush put any unwanted nutes. When are you planning in flowering? Is it an auto?

Not sure. Its definitley way to early though. I assume maybe in a month. Should i transplant it into un-nuted soil? When do i even use nuted soil? I been reading a lot on growing but its sooooo much information. Sometimes a straight forward answer is better =P

Its up to you if you want to use nuted soil. I prefer using nute free soil and adding them myself. That way I know whats in the soil.

When you see alternating nodes you can put it into flower. It will double or even can triple in size in flower.

BudMan101 said:
Thanks for the help everyone. I'm going to answer everyone's questions in this one reply.. here goes... :

Photo 1 :I added a close up picture. (this is the closest i can get w/o the photo becoming blurry)

Photo 2: This is the soil my plant is currently in. (Un-nuted organic soil mix)

The soil was higher before, i think one the plant started growing, the soil started to minimize. My plant is almost 3 weeks old now. I started growing it Jan. 11th. I water her ( i found out that my plant is a female today btw =] ) around once every 2-3 days. I gave her food ONCE so far. The pot is about 7 inches tall and 3 inches wide. When i fed the plant NPK, it was around 3-4 ounces worth. The plant is under my CFL bulb 24 hours a day. I know i need to invest in a MH or HPS setup. ( please dont tell me this AGAIN) I have a very cheap set up. The bulb was 5 bucks and made the plant grow. I have a special bulb for the flowering stage as well. I have 2 CFL's that emit blue light and 2 CFL's that emit red light when i need to flower. The temp of the room is always around 70-75 degrees. As is the water since its in the same room. When i fed it i did pour the food/water on the tender leaves... i thought it would help it.. not the other way around =[.

I have never checked the PH of my soil b/c i dont have a PH reader lol. I will get one this weekend though. Also, when should i transplant her into nuted soil?

I hope all this info helps all of you help me .. my baby is sick :watchplant:

Your plant is 2 weeks and 3 days--too young for food IMO. I also believe that you have nute burned your plant. It is also way way to young to be sexed. I am not sure what you saw that made you believe you have a female, but even if it is an auto, it will be a couple of weeks before you are going to be able to tell sex.

I would recommend never putting it into prenuted soil. It is far better for YOU to control the nutrients, rather than having nutrients released every time you water.

You need very very little light for the first several weeks. However, as the plant gets larger, its needs will increase. Check the lumens on your bulbs. You are going to need a minimum of 5000 lumens per sq ft for flowering. What is the ACTUAL wattage and the lumens on the bulbs you have? This is important--adequate lighting is the most important single factor in your grow and your yield is directly related to your lighting. Are these the bulbs you bought?

hXXp://www.ebay.com/itm/4-CFL-2-6500K-75W-2-2700K-100W-GREAT-PLANT-GROWING-/180609977399?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0d318c37

If so, these are 2 18W that emit 1160 lumens each and 2 23W that emit 1600 lumens each. This will be enough light for a space a sq ft.

Do you know what strain you are growing? Where did you get the seed?

The Hemp Goddess said:
Your plant is 2 weeks and 3 days--too young for food IMO. I also believe that you have nute burned your plant. It is also way way to young to be sexed. I am not sure what you saw that made you believe you have a female, but even if it is an auto, it will be a couple of weeks before you are going to be able to tell sex.

I would recommend never putting it into prenuted soil. It is far better for YOU to control the nutrients, rather than having nutrients released every time you water.

You need very very little light for the first several weeks. However, as the plant gets larger, its needs will increase. Check the lumens on your bulbs. You are going to need a minimum of 5000 lumens per sq ft for flowering. What is the ACTUAL wattage and the lumens on the bulbs you have? This is important--adequate lighting is the most important single factor in your grow and your yield is directly related to your lighting. Are these the bulbs you bought?

hXXp://www.ebay.com/itm/4-CFL-2-6500K-75W-2-2700K-100W-GREAT-PLANT-GROWING-/180609977399?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0d318c37

If so, these are 2 18W that emit 1160 lumens each and 2 23W that emit 1600 lumens each. This will be enough light for a space a sq ft.

Do you know what strain you are growing? Where did you get the seed?

Don't know the strain. Its bag seed. And my pot is about 1 1/2 sq foot. So that's fine. Those are the bulbs btw. Thanks for looking. I can tell its a Female because there are two little prong type things coming out the stem. Thank god i only fed it once. I thought i needed to start feeding when it is about 2-3 weeks old. Anyways, still need to help the plant get healthier... what should i do???

Latest posts

Back