Waiting Period?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WHODAT

Reaction score
I have a plant thats been veggin for a month. I would like to top and take a clone from this plant. If I was to take a clone and/or top this plant can I place it in the flower room immediately or is it best to wait? How long should I wait? Thanx in advance to all who may post to this thread.

IMO If your plan is to take clones you would want to wait a week or so or until they build a good root structure and start to thrive before trying to flower, you also might want to wait until your plant shows sex before cloning..........

yes u can top and take a clone.. everything that would stress the plant should b done in veg time only.. once flowering comes let your ladies jus look beautiful for u.. nd no, dont thro ur clone into flowering rite away.. let it gro.. and ur plant that u want to clone and top, is it sexually mature yet.. does it have alternating nodes or has it shown preflowers (pistols) yet?

personally i would clone and veg them.. top your plant.. if it is sexually mature give a week then flip the lights.. if not jus top untill it is sexually mature then flip the lights on her. happy growin

flaboy88 said:
yes u can top and take a clone.. everything that would stress the plant should b done in veg time only.. once flowering comes let your ladies jus look beautiful for u.. nd no, dont thro ur clone into flowering rite away.. let it gro.. and ur plant that u want to clone and top, is it sexually mature yet.. does it have alternating nodes or has it shown preflowers (pistols) yet?

personally i would clone and veg them.. top your plant.. if it is sexually mature give a week then flip the lights.. if not jus top untill it is sexually mature then flip the lights on her. happy growin
If im understanding you right ur saying if the plant is sexually mature top and/or clone, give it a week to recover, then induce flowering?

WHODAT said:
If im understanding you right ur saying if the plant is sexually mature top and/or clone, give it a week to recover, then induce flowering?

yes.. if it has alternating nodes then it is sexually mature and u can clone away.. but u can top whenever thru ur vegging.. it doesnt have to b fully mature for u to top/LST/FIM.. give ur plaant a week to kinda recover from topping and or cloning b4 u flower.. as it heals it doesnt grow as it normally would had it been left alone.. so u want to give it this time to heal so when u do flower it, it can take off rite away.. as for ur clones let them grow 4 a bit and get a nice root system b4 u throw em into flowering.. remember it has to support some bud weight and u dont want ur roots to b small and not strong.

If you are taking a top to clone, I'd give it a week or 2 more in veg, so that cut top can grow a couple of shoots that will turn into colas.:hubba:

DD

it's going to take a week or 2 just to root...I'd give it a month before you flower it...if you want to get any weight out of it.

Yea man veg that clone for a month or two before you flower it. It's gunna take at least a week for the clone to root anyway.

Can I ask y you want to flower them right away? Y not let them veg for a month or two ,so they can grow, and then flower? Your yield could be so much bigger.

My question may be confusing. I have a clone that has been veggin for a month. Today I took a clone from this clone. How long should I wait before placing the clone that has been veggin for a month into flower?

Ahhh ok man that's a whole different ball game. I'd prob still wait a week or two to let the plant fully heal from the clipping. After the plant heals It can full focus on budding.

Actually now that I think about it you might be able to flower right away. a lot of people trim the bottom leaves off up to the second week of flowering so you should be ok.

You might want to wait for someone to either confirm or deny that last part though as I am only 75% sure it would work.

hugs4nuggs420 said:
Ahhh ok man that's a whole different ball game. I'd prob still wait a week or two to let the plant fully heal from the clipping. After the plant heals It can full focus on budding.

Actually now that I think about it you might be able to flower right away. a lot of people trim the bottom leaves off up to the second week of flowering so you should be ok.

You might want to wait for someone to either confirm or deny that last part though as I am only 75% sure it would work.
Thanx, for the response

we don't trim leaves...we trim sucker shoots...stems. I try to leave the leaves that are right next to the stems that I cut off.

As far as the clone you could put it into flower now if you want to. If it needs transplanted to a bigger pot I would give it a couple more weeks to settle into that...but if it's already in it's last pot size, and the plant has reached the height that your wanting then it's cool to go ahead and put it in 12/12

Latest posts

Back