Wanted Genetics!!!! Help me plz

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea I will be saving all my trimmings for a while, and then be making some serious bubble hash.... i dont think i could put myself to use a pound a real piff.. but then again.the end result is pure bliss..

Quote from MJ Botany by Robert C. Clarke
Occasionally hybrid offspring will prove inferior to both parents but the first generation may still contain recessive genes for a favorable characteristic seen in a parent if the parent was homozygous for that trait.First generation(F1) hybrids are therefore inbred to allow recessive genes to recombine and express that desired parental trait. Many breeders stop with the first cross and never realize the genetic potential of their strain.They fail to produce an F2 generation by crossing or self-pollinating F1 offspring.Since most domestic cannabis strains are F1 hybrids for many characteristics, great diversity and recessive recombination can result from inbreeding domestic hybrid strains. These F2 hybrids are more likely to express recessive parental traits. From the F2 hybrid generation selections can be made for parents which are used to start new true breeding strains. Indeed, F2 hybrids might appear with more extreme characteristics than either of the P1 parents. (For example, P1 high THC x P1 low THC yields F1 hybrids of intermediate THC content. Selfing the F1 yields F2 hybrids of both P1[high and low THC] phenotypes, intermediate F1 phenotypes and extra high THC as well as extra low THC phenotypes.)
From what I gather, if you want true breeding strains You'd take P1s(ww and BB) sex them and make F1s. Then you'd sex the F1s and get F2s. From these F2s you would then select parents for a true breeding strain. You can also back cross the F1s to the original P1s
to produce off spring with reinforced parental characteristics.
Man, you have a lot of work to do:D.

Yea thats how i understood it as well.. i was planning on crossing the male WW with a female BB to get my f1... then taking that female BBxWW and crossing back in the male BB.. to give it more bb traits.. that should produce my BBxWW the way i want... making my f2.... then one i have that one producing.. ill work on cross my whiteberry x super silver haze... which in the end will produce my WhiteBerryHazy.. aka Marc Emery... I figure i can have the BBxWW f2s ready to select parents by the end of the year.....
Ive also looked at just starting with bluewidow by joey weed.. and crossing in the Super Silver Haze.. to make a f1.. then selecting to make f2s... kinda skips a step.. but its also like cheating...

Ive also looked at just starting with bluewidow by joey weed.. and crossing in the Super Silver Haze.. to make a f1.. then selecting to make f2s... kinda skips a step.. but its also like cheating...
A lot of people would consider taking others genetics and crossing them cheating. I would go withthe JW strain too just to skip a step:). You're taking a lot of time out of your life for ME, hope you come up with something thats killer!

Yup Yup. Now I'm seeing the discussions I'm looking for.

Clarke's book is the most informative and sound available on the net -- reading it is what got me insterested in breeding MJ. Why breed it? Because it is hard.

Are you guys breeding for any specific traits?

Latest posts

Back