watering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevo24214

Reaction score
hey everyone! listen this is a simple question and i would have to say im a little embarassed asking it, but, i just started a grow for the first time and got 2 seeds to germinate, i potted them in 2 different 4in. pots. Now i was wondering from all of your experiences how much you would water them for the first little bit, if anyone could help me and give me a little information or any tips you got, it would be greatly appreciated....i want to get this grow started off so i can keep everyone updated on how it goes!

thanks,
stevo_

"we getting high watching time fly" 2pac

Hey Stevo,

Watering your plants can actually play big on how your plant will grow. You really don't wanna over water, nor underwater. The best thing for you to do would prolly be to keep it moist and every now and then let it dry out. Like stick your finger in the soil a quarter inch, if it's damp/moist then you're good. If not water it. If it is damp let it sit till it's not. I guess that's the best i could tell you. Don't be embarassed to ask questions man, YOu gotta start somewhere. If there's any other questions you have please ask. Good luck man!

~Burn One~
Dewayne

Stevo...

EVERYONE here at one time or another was a noob.

has your seeds germinated?? a seedling??

If they are seeds or seedlings. I wouldn't water them "per se"
I would just squirt them with 3/4 good squirts daily until you
get your first or second set of leaves.

STEVO,

i bought a turkey baister from the dollar store . it has measurements on it ! what i did , on young plants i squeezed and counted to 3. A 3 second burst seemed to be just right in the beginning . later i gave a half a baister full , then a full one and so on . But this was great for me on my first grow . Like stated above i also would stick my finger in the pot and see if the soil was moist at all first before watering . if you pull your finger out and there is a little muddy soil on it dont water , if yer finger is dry water it . MJ can withstand undewatering every once in awhile better than overwatering . Dry conditions will make your roots grow alot more and the plants will outgrow thier pots sooner .Wet conditions will make the roots rot . Good drainage in the soil and or some gravel or loose perlite at the bottom few inches of the pot , and pots with alot of holes is good ideas . Pay attention to how much you use and how often and you should be good . I also like to mist young plants !
Godd luck ! keep it green !

PEACE:D

Latest posts

Back