Watering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chilledog

High way 420
Reaction score
I water my plant everyday before I put it outside in the sun all day I live in California where the weather is pretty hot this time of year so far so good but the last 2 days my plant leaves seem to be drooping am I giving it to much water or is there something else I am doing wrong? PLEASE HELP!!!!

You are giving it way to much water that's why the leaves are drooping. :eek: You should only have to water every 4 or 5 days IMO. When you water make sure some comes out of the holes in the bottom of your pot. ;) A good way to check if they need water is by sticking your finger in the soil about 2 inches. If the soil is dry give them some water. If the soil is still wet or damp let it go a day or 2 and check again.

It also depends on on how big your plant is, the size of your pot, how hot it is and how well your medium retains moisture.

I have a Sweet Purple girl outside in a 5 Litre pot and have to water her every day or every second day.

I usually go by weight. I can feel when the pot is light.

It's very hot & dry where I live I put the plant outside at 6am every morning and by 12 noon if I stick my finger 2 inches in it is completely dry. Still say I am watering to much?

First off, how do the leaves feel? Are they crunchy and brittle or are they still somewhat thick and moist? If they droop and are crunching chances are you aren't watering enough. If they are still somewhat moist but drooping you may be over watering. I am sure that if you have them outside in that weather the moisture is getting sucked out of them quick so I am leaning toward not enough water, but without pictures we don't know for sure.

How much water are you giving it? I give my ladies 500ml a day and they are 4 feet tall, if I leave them for 2 days they all droop like mad, if I give them 500ml they pick back up in about 2 hours. Always give them a pacific amount of water every day I do.

EDIT* My ladies are also in 13 litre pots (just short of 3 gallen).

I think his geographical location has a bit to do with it as well. Calli is HOT HOT HOT this time of year so that needs to be taken into consideration as well so he will have to adjust his watering per the environmental requirements.

My grow room stays at a constant 23 - 25c, I also think he is not giving the plant enough water.

More importantly, have you checked the plant for pests or diseases? It just clicked in my head that you take the plant outside for part of the day which opens it up to any number of outside threats.

Latest posts

Back