Weed cause anger?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys/girls, I'm bringing this thread back to life because I got some questions regarding everything.

Let me begin with informing on all my issues and whats been happning. My anger still hasn't gone away. I have tried to bypass things that gets my anger going but nothing I still get furious. Another thing is I've decided to break up right now with my gf because I noticed my anger wasn't getting better and it wasn't right to be like that with/towards her. We do talk everyday, and in all honestly you wouldn't be able to tell that were weren't together. Some things that my gf says she notices is that when we get into a arguement or whatever, and say I am at fault for something, she says I always snap and try to make it equal (like she is at fault). I really don't notice I do that, but I will not say that she is wrong because she is most likely right. Another thing is overtalking she said. When we get into a talk or argument she will be talking to me and I instantly interupt her all the time. Yea its common for people to do, but I do it all the time. I just don't understand what is up with me. I get so angry and yell and scream and call people names and its just so embarrassing and not me. I don't like this person who I am and don't understand what is going on.

I do have ADHD and take meds for that to help with concentration for school and all, but I am not sure if it's suppose to help with anger.

What do you guys think is wrong with me? I know I need to see a doc but not sure on which kind, should I see my neurologist who does my ADHD?

Also I should say, I haven't been smoking a lot like I use to be. I just figured I should throw that out there.

I am all ears for anything, weather its advise or rude comments, I am not happy with how I am so personally I don't think nothing can hurt me more then me knowing I hate my own self for how I am.

dman1234 said:
When my wife is pissed at me, and we smoke a joint,

PUFFF shes not mad anymore, or atleast she stops letting
me know shes mad, wich is just as good.

whats good is you are aware of your anger issue, thats the first step.
yeah...thats how it works for me too...without it i would have surely lashed out and possibly hurt someone by now....and i totally agree..your doin' alright when you can identify your hubris...i know my fuse is very short so i know i have to really check myself when i get upset and remind myself that i'm prone to exploding over stupid piddely things. i honestly think that smoking MJ slows my anger enough to allow me to recognize these traits.

Realizing there is a problem is half of it. Atleast you see it. Prisons are full of angry people who didnt.

Check online for like group meetings (kinda like AA, but they have them for anything). That way its free to try. Saw on My Name Is Earl one night and Earl was attending an Anger Support Group with someone. Sure they could help you start, point you in a better direction than here.
Shrinks are pretty expensive to talk to, especially with you being a student or whatnot. Id try support group work first.
Or maybe a Priest/Preacher, someone like that. If your Religious or not, it doesnt matter. They likely have dealt with such matters and people. So at the least would get quality advice from someone that has run into those issues with their line of work. (plus they wont narc on you)

SPEARCHUCKER- thanks for the advice on the meetings and even talking to a Priest/Preacher, I am religious even though I haven't been to church forever but I do believe in my religion. I'll have to see if I can contact a Priest about maybe seeing him on one of my days off.

I am glad I have half of it by realizing it but I wish it was fully gone. I know my anger will never be gone, but I want to be able to control it atleast.

Sampson said:
Hey guys/girls, I'm bringing this thread back to life because I got some questions regarding everything.

Let me begin with informing on all my issues and whats been happning. My anger still hasn't gone away. I have tried to bypass things that gets my anger going but nothing I still get furious. Another thing is I've decided to break up right now with my gf because I noticed my anger wasn't getting better and it wasn't right to be like that with/towards her. We do talk everyday, and in all honestly you wouldn't be able to tell that were weren't together. Some things that my gf says she notices is that when we get into a arguement or whatever, and say I am at fault for something, she says I always snap and try to make it equal (like she is at fault). I really don't notice I do that, but I will not say that she is wrong because she is most likely right. Another thing is overtalking she said. When we get into a talk or argument she will be talking to me and I instantly interupt her all the time. Yea its common for people to do, but I do it all the time. I just don't understand what is up with me. I get so angry and yell and scream and call people names and its just so embarrassing and not me. I don't like this person who I am and don't understand what is going on.

I do have ADHD and take meds for that to help with concentration for school and all, but I am not sure if it's suppose to help with anger.

What do you guys think is wrong with me? I know I need to see a doc but not sure on which kind, should I see my neurologist who does my ADHD?

Also I should say, I haven't been smoking a lot like I use to be. I just figured I should throw that out there.

I am all ears for anything, weather its advise or rude comments, I am not happy with how I am so personally I don't think nothing can hurt me more then me knowing I hate my own self for how I am.

Anger is depression turned inwards...I bet you are depressed...could be a checmical imbalance I would talk to a Dr...

Samson,

In my opinion I think a lot of anger management therapy is crap. Instead of managing it, you need to get to the root of it and change what ever is causing it.

But I guess in the mean time trying to manage it isn't bad either.

So far as your ADHD meds go, are you aware that Ritalin and a lot of other ADHD meds are just forms of meth? I'm hyperactive still at age 61 although not nearly as bad as when I was younger and all 3 of my kids are too.

All of us do a lot better off of the meth based drugs and on a lot of MJ.

Also, there is a great book out there on the Feingold diet about diet intervention for treatment of ADHD. there is also an website about itLINK REMOVED edited by DonJones -- I guess telling someone where they can find help in a non-live link is forbidden here even without any H**P, either Http or hxxp, even though it is done all the time in the main forums, so if anyone wants more information about the Feingold website I guess you are going to have to PM me for it --I just found that typing in feingold.org preceded by the usual www resulted in a live link. I don't understand and did not know this because I consistently copy and paste address from the www on and they don't turn into live links. I retract my comment about trying to help someone being inappropriate and apologize to the membership, the moderators, staff and to Hick personally! If anyone wants to follow up on this effective alternative approach to ADHD, just type it www. followed by feingold.org. There that should not turn into a live link. That comment wasn't based on knowledge and therefore was inappropriate, even if I thought it was at the time I made it. edited by DonJones Please check it out because if you start implementing even a little bit of it, you should see a huge change in your life. When we put our kids on it when they were young, it was even better than smoking MJ. I'll try to find the exact title and post it for anyone to read. Basically it involved avoiding a family of chemicals call salicylates ADHD that occur in Mint and most artificial colorings and flavorings.

When we put our kids on it they were totally controlled by diet and we could tell from a block away when they were coming home from school if they had gotten candy or artificial flavorings and/or coloring at a school party just by the way they were walking.

The comment about depression being a cause of anger is generally true, but for anyone with ADHD, the biggest cause of anger isd pure frustration and/or the very drugs they use to treat the ADHD and most doctors do NOT have a clue. Most of the medical community has NO idea what is in those drugs. If they did they would understand why 70% of ADHD children grow up to have a hard drug problem. The drug problem has NOTHING to do with the ADHD; it is because most of the ADHD kids are started on meth derivatives as soon as they are diagnosed and meth is one of the most addictive drugs known to man. What the heck to they expect a kid receiving a meth deriviative form early childhood to become, especially when they take the Ritalin away after they are grown? Meth junkies will steal Ritalin if they can't get meth, long before they will use downers. I have 2 recovering meth addicts out of the 3 ADHD kids.

As to pot causing your anger -- no way! At the worst it might loosen your inhibitions and let you express the anger that you have bottled up.

If you want to discuss this more and in private, please feel free to PM me.

Good smoking guy -- hang in there, there are a lot people out there going through the same thing and we will help you understand what is happening with your ADHD and anger. We will find ways for you to lessen your anger and learn how to avoid the anger in the first place.

Psychotropic drugs (especially "psychedelic" drugs) magnify (intensifies) your feelings/emotions/senses and it sounds like that's what pot may be doing to you.

DonJones- My main goal is to competely get rid of my anger, I just know there will always be a little anger in me.

For the medicine, I don't know if you know anything about meds but I take Vyvanse, so any information would be great. I never knew about these meds containing meth, big shocker!

I know its suppose to help me with my memory but man do I feel like my memory still isn't as great. For example I'll forget things people tell me or what I was suppose to remind myself to do, and also in a arguement say with my gf, I'll get off the phone when I am starting to get boiling, well when we get back on the phone to talk about it, I completely forget what we argued about!

For seeing a doc, should I see my neurologist for this or a different kind?

I would ask the dr about anger ....the meds and anger...do you exercise?

ifsixwasnin9 said:
Psychotropic drugs (especially "psychedelic" drugs) magnify (intensifies) your feelings/emotions/senses and it sounds like that's what pot may be doing to you.

I'm not sure if its the pot, but I do know I have had a anger issue for the longest period of time. My mom tells me that I always had a anger issue, it was just through time it got worse. I don't know if its the weed or not, but I stopped smoking for long periods of time and didn't noitce a difference. Also like mentioned above I haven't been smoking as much as I use to, I smoke probably once a week now if that.

I am not saying all that just so it makes me stick with smoking, if its the weed then I will cut it off but I was just giving that info out there.

Also my dad has a anger issue that has been with him his whole life and he still has it to this day and he doesn't smoke. I don't know if its some sort of a trait?

Edit: I forgot to mention there has been times when my anger came out during a argument and I would just walk away to go smoke to calm down and that helped me realized things and be able to sit down and talk to whoever I was arguing with and being understandable. Figure that may help.

2Dog- I haven't been exercising but been wanting to get back into working out and being more healthy. (not like I'm fat or anything but I do need a little toning)

not for weight silly...for endorphins and release of stress...

2Dog said:
not for weight silly...for endorphins and release of stress...

lol yea I know that but the weight is a plus as well lol. I use to go to gym and loved it cause I would take out anger there. I'm in the process of redoing the garage for my work out equipment so that will help as well.

nothing like a good walk and a smoke to clear the head...u may also have very high testosterone levels...

2dog,

".u may also have very high testosterone levels..." Does that mean that angry men are studlier?roflmao)

I'm pretty sure that most women would say that angry men are NOT better lovers, but high testosterone levels and generally thought to equate with manliness.

I know when I was angry or just hyper, I sure got pushed away by every lady I was ever with.

good smoking.

hxxp://www.pblifex.com/index.php/pg/testosterone_benefits

High levels of testosterone appear to promote good health in men. For example, testosterone has been associated with lowering the risks of high blood pressure and heart attack. High testosterone levels also correlate with risky behavior, however, including increased aggressiveness and smoking , which may cancel out these health benefits.

hxxp://www.lifeclinic.com/fullpage.aspx?prid=603144&type=1

hxxp://www.time.com/time/europe/magazine/2000/0424/cover3.html

Sampson,
As someone who has fought with anger and depression for years I can feel some of your pain. I think every person will need to find there own solution in order to manage there situation. The best thing to do is explore all the options in front of you including possible therapy to go along with meds. I wish you all the best on finding what works well for you.

DonJones,
Thank you for speaking up and saying what should have been said about the posts recommending any type of violence as a solution. Your a stand up guy with good strong advice, on many topics ;)

Warfish

Sampson,

From my own fight with anger and frustration leading often to depression as well as my oldest son, who probably learned his destructive behavior from me, I want you to know that just by recognizing your problem and asking for help you have already shown courage
personal insults removed

Please keep trying and do NOT give up. It is a long hard road, but you can travel it. You are NOT alone on the road -- in fact if you could see inside of people's minds you would be surprised how many "normal Straight " people are on the rod with you. We support you and pray to our own gods for your success.

Good smoking

I have posted the correction and apology for my mistake in the post involved. I repeat my apology to everyone including the staff. My explanation, which is just that, not an excuse, is that I consistently copy and post the same type of address, from the www part on in the main forums and they do not turn live and I wasn't aware that typing instead the same thing instead of copying and pasting would cause it to go live. I didn't notice it when I editted the post for typos. Don Jones I also had a XXX.feingold.org link with information for Sampson removed even though we are told it is okay to post links so long as they aren't live links and have the http changed to hxxp and it is done everyday on the main forums.

Glod smoking everyone including Hick.

EDIT..if it goes to the url when it's clicked it IS a direct link, and not allowed

no need to apologize for the links.. it was a "mistake", a misunderstanding.. no problem.

Latest posts

Back