Week 1 of NooB grow!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckCharleston

FotwoZero
Reaction score
So, My first grow journal entry and I feel pretty confident. I had received two "Strawberry Cough" clones and decided to grow one in my bubble bucket and one in plane soil. The clone in the bubble bucket is using lava rock as a medium, a 225 LED duel band (Red/Blue) panel, and using Fox Farm's three stage hydro nutrients. The clone in the soil is just plain potting soil from Walmart, no nutrients (yet anyway ;), and two 20w 120V mini floro bulbs @1190 Lumens lighting the way.

I'm not quite sure how either one will do, as a matter of fact, I've never had plants grow to this size before, and never had the chance to even receive a crop. I'm super stoked to have come this far as I name this "Week 1" of my duel grow :).

IMG-20120910-00023.jpg

IMG-20120910-00025.jpg

IMG-20120910-00026.jpg

They look real nice, Chuck. You may need more light than you have now to flower them out properly, but they sure look good right now. Tell us a little more about your set-up. I'll be hangin, chillin and watchin -- take care and be safe

peace

HemperFi said:
They look real nice, Chuck. You may need more light than you have now to flower them out properly, but they sure look good right now. Tell us a little more about your set-up. I'll be hangin, chillin and watchin -- take care and be safe

peace

Hey thanks, bud!! I do realize i need more light for the flowering process :/ bud when the time comes, I'll be lookin out for a HPS bulb for that. Not sure of what wattage, but i'm sure ill figure it out :)

nice looking babies good luck and keep growing

ChuckCharleston said:
Hey thanks, bud!! I do realize i need more light for the flowering process :/ bud when the time comes, I'll be lookin out for a HPS bulb for that. Not sure of what wattage, but i'm sure ill figure it out :)

The wattage of your HPS should be determined by the size of your space. You are going to want a minimum of 5000 lumens per sq ft for flowering. You will need the entire set-up--bulb, ballast, cords, and reflector.

Your plants are looking good.

The Hemp Goddess said:
The wattage of your HPS should be determined by the size of your space. You are going to want a minimum of 5000 lumens per sq ft for flowering. You will need the entire set-up--bulb, ballast, cords, and reflector.

Your plants are looking good.
Hemp dont forget inline fan ( very important)

LOL--Yes, ventilation is a whole other discussion isn't it? You need ventilation regardless of the type of light you use. You are going to want a centrifuge type fan (not a duct booster fan) and a speed controller. Heat is easier to handle with an air cooled hood.

Latest posts

Back