Week 8, Keep waiting or harvest now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megan23247

Sexy Female Grower
Reaction score
So my girls are in week 7 (Monday starts week 8) and as you can see from the pics my girl on the left IMO looks like she is ready to harvest. Should I wait a couple more weeks and see if she gets any meatier? And if I do decide to wait is it possible to miss the "harvest window" or is that a dumb question? My girl on the right is taking a bit longer prob because of the strain it is (which ill never know) AND also cause I had a few "learning curves" that I had to fix during this whole grow. Im happy to have made it this far and dont want to mess things up now if you know what I mean. :eek:

One more question...I have read many diff ways on how to harvest my girls but I need a little bit more info and would like to know what yall think the best way is? If all goes well I plan on trying to put my plants back into veg stage after they are done so that next time around I can get some clones and try some diff methods of growing, good idea? or No?

Thanks in advance for everyones help. :smoke1:

IMG00639.jpg

IMG00633.jpg

IMG00632.jpg

IMG00636.jpg

really tough to tell by those pics, megan...IMO, maybe a few more weeks..why don't you pop for $15 and go pick yourself up little handheld microscope..all growers really do need one, it's essential....and check in the Harvest thread..the pro's here are sharp cookies 1 hr of reading there and Hick's advice will have you wanting him (for growing knowledge of course)...good luck meg ;)

Smoke on

I think you have to wait for the white hairs to go brown? (I think?) I think that is what I read somewhere. They are looking good too.

not ready yet most strains take at least 8 weeks but if you want to do it right you need to get a mircoscope. 1st plant i harvested without after that harvested a clone with one when the trichs were right and i was much happier.

isthatjohnstamos said:
not ready yet most strains take at least 8 weeks but if you want to do it right you need to get a mircoscope. 1st plant i harvested without after that harvested a clone with one when the trichs were right and i was much happier.

I acually bought a mini scope last week from radio shack 60x-100x and have been checking out the trichs daily. So far only a few amber trichs that I could see but most were half cloudy and some still fully cloudy (kinda have a hard time seeing out of the scope I bought but all they had was the mini one)...Which yes does tell me a few things but im looking for an opinion based on the way the plants look not so much on the trichs at this point. Thanks for the help. ;)

camcam said:
I think you have to wait for the white hairs to go brown? (I think?) I think that is what I read somewhere. They are looking good too.

I would say that the hair on each bud is probably about 60-70% brown which is close to what the final product should be I THINK. Thanks for the help camcam.

The colour of the hairs (pistils) is not really an indication of how ready the plant is. You should always go by the trichomes, unless you know the strain, and are familiar with the way it matures.

Runbyhemp said:
The colour of the hairs (pistils) is not really an indication of how ready the plant is. You should always go by the trichomes, unless you know the strain, and are familiar with the way it matures.

:yeahthat:

Rhb is exactly correct, take no notice what you read on the the web from outside sources, there is 1 way and 1 way only to ensure you time your 'window' correctly and that is by Trichome colour ONLY

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17609

Where are the trichomes on the plant? and what color should they be when the plant is ready?

Have to agree with Hippy... trich color is what you go by... Trust your microscope and you will be smokin good real soon :D

Looks great megan!

I had the same questions as you, cause my harvest time is getting close as well. I also picked up one of those scopes yesterday, it's like looking into a whole new world down there.
That cola on the left plant is cRaZy! Like a loaf of bread, lol. Nice job.

And thank you everyone for the feedback, suggestions and links. Appreciated :)

Thanks for the info everyone. Man I swear I read somewhere that the hairs or pistals changing colors do mean something BUT I was wrong, thanks for clearing things up. Gonna def go by the trich color from here on!

The buds look great. Very tasty indeed. Have you taken a look at the trichromes? That's how you determine when to harvest. You can go by the hairs withering but it's an inferior method. I would get the 'scope for 10 bucks and check the trichs. They look great! Nice work. Take care and be safe.

Hi, just by the looks they look like a week or so to go, not the hairs.... As others have said the trichs are the way to tell, half cloudy and half amber is a safe place to be, need a radio shack mini microscope to tell though ($12). Wish they were mine, Good luck and they look great!!! :p

if your seeing some amber trichs with the rest being cloudy your about done IMO id let her go about a week or two longer and get to harvesting as of now with the discription provided it sounds like your going to be in for a good batch of smoke :aok:

personaly... if like you said, most of the trichs are cloudy and some are amber i would cut her down NOW... i like to harvest as soon as they start to turn cloudy.. Amber trichs = bad... couch lock... i hate when i hit a bowl and all of a sudden im cold, cant stay comfortable, feal like i got crap in my nose.. lol.. anyway clear or cloudy trichs are the way 2 go..

Latest posts

Back