Wet Trim vs Dry Trim and using a machine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used those for a couple of years , small operation , 20-40 lbs , 3 of us , took about a week

we trimmed with these wet , they would destroy a Bud that was dry , gotta go wet

if you are expecting your buds to look like they are hand trimmed after using one of these salad spinners , you will be disappointed

after a run , we still hand trimmed the buds who still had sticks showing or leaves , the spinner gets about 80-90% of the trim , depending on how long they were spinned

after the initial taste section and hand trim , the buds went into drying racks , then turkey bags and then to the buyers

if you get one , buy some extra blades because you are gonna break several of them…get 2-3 extra sets if you have a lot of herbs to process

also get a can of Pam and spray the rubber fingers and grill , makes for an easy cleanup and keeps the blades from gumming up

now depending on what you are going to do with your finished buds will determine how you want them to look

for personal use , I would not bother with buying one , it’s just one more thing to break and one more thing to raise the price of your herbs

scissors are very cost effective in comparison

good luck

If I had a huge 20 plant or more setup I would use trim machines, but as it stands now I wet trime, I can really get some beautiful trim work wit wet trim. Dry trim scissors is a pain the but
Yeah. I'm growing 2 plants. I'm not a fan of trimming and that's why I'm considering a machine.

I used those for a couple of years , small operation , 20-40 lbs , 3 of us , took about a week

we trimmed with these wet , they would destroy a Bud that was dry , gotta go wet

if you are expecting your buds to look like they are hand trimmed after using one of these salad spinners , you will be disappointed

after a run , we still hand trimmed the buds who still had sticks showing or leaves , the spinner gets about 80-90% of the trim , depending on how long they were spinned

after the initial taste section and hand trim , the buds went into drying racks , then turkey bags and then to the buyers

if you get one , buy some extra blades because you are gonna break several of them…get 2-3 extra sets if you have a lot of herbs to process

also get a can of Pam and spray the rubber fingers and grill , makes for an easy cleanup and keeps the blades from gumming up

now depending on what you are going to do with your finished buds will determine how you want them to look

for personal use , I would not bother with buying one , it’s just one more thing to break and one more thing to raise the price of your herbs

scissors are very cost effective in comparison

good luck
Thanks for the input. I'm only growing 2 plants for my wife and I.

No machine can do this.

20200125_131028.jpg

If you only have two plants IMO a machine isn't worth it. If you were doing what Big described then you need a machine. I dry trim.

Last edited:
No machine can do this.

View attachment 287953

If you only have two plants IMO a machine isn't worth it. If you were doing what Big described then you need a machine. I dry trim.

average look old spinner trimmed bud

you can hand trim those two plants , take your time , have fun , it’s like trimming hair , cannabis barber

BAC86001-7091-4B26-9C6B-3BF1C555CE1F.jpeg

but yeah , it ain’t all about the looks to me anyway

some of the best herb I’ve ever smoked would be laughed at by the pot snobs today , if looks were the top priority

its all about marketing and hype , beware

ive smoked some drop dead gorgeous buds that gave me a buzz for about 30 minutes and then a headache…….PGR’s will do that

A9FD40A4-4B53-4063-AE6E-B836AF1BA508.jpeg
50A9D192-ACBC-4173-A3C2-B88A490FC62D.jpeg

PGR buds

3D459CB4-3B63-4C93-9EE1-689B8A0615C8.jpeg

681DE62C-352A-4D9A-A8F3-4FB88B5E5C02.jpeg

If I had a huge 20 plant or more setup I would use trim machines, but as it stands now I wet trime, I can really get some beautiful trim work wit wet trim. Dry trim scissors is a pain the but
Many here dry trim and I recently tried one plant dry. Like anything, if I were to switch I would get better...but I also prefer wet trim. Dry had trichomes falling off like crazy (but we're fun to smoke) I wasn't nearly as good as wet.

I think I will stick with wet trim.

Bubba

but yeah , it ain’t all about the looks to me anyway

some of the best herb I’ve ever smoked would be laughed at by the pot snobs today , if looks were the top priority

its all about marketing and hype , beware

ive smoked some drop dead gorgeous buds that gave me a buzz for about 30 minutes and then a headache…….PGR’s will do that

View attachment 287977View attachment 287978

PGR buds

View attachment 287979

View attachment 287980
Ya calli'n me pot snob ya fargin flat lander. I'm to tired to argue.

Ya calli'n me pot snob ya fargin flat lander. I'm to tired to argue.
Me too. I just got used to dry trim. Yes I've bought an ugly car before. A 72 Plymouth fury.
Eweww. You should have seen the attempted "metal flake" paint job I had to remove from a 57 Bellaire.

The thing is, my wet trim is WAY better looking than my dry trim. Crystals were raining off the buds. My trim trayhas a seive/screen built in and catches them. It was quite a pile. When I wet trim, I get a slight dusting of very fine powder only.

Like I said, I'm sure if I started dry trimming I would get it down. But for my dry/cure procedure, I like the wet trim.

Bubba

Flatlander.... that's darn funny, I'm having a good chuckle!

Bubba

Latest posts

Back