What a week!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jb247

JuztBudz
Reaction score
I've had a difficult week, found eggs on the leaves of some of my plants, and they appear to be spider mite eggs. Looked real hard and didn't find any active bugs, but they must have been in there, as thier eggs are everywhere! I am in about my 4th week of flowering, growing in Fox Farm Oceanic, 2 Blue Buddah, 1 Free Leonard (G13 X Butterscotch Hawaiian), 1 Hawaiian Snow, 1 Schroon and 1 C99 X NYCD.

Believe it or not, the high point of my week was finding a male plant! You see, I've been growing for about 3 years now, and I've only had 2 other males come up from seed, and most of my grows are seed started...so, I have a Santa Maria male that I want to backcross to a beautifully full female SM...got some folks I'd like to gift them to...

As for the spider mites, I have used a (I shudder here) insect bomb, as no other method has ever completely worked for me. It was a pyrethium based bomb, so it shouldn't be harmful to me or the plants...

On top of all that there are the usual woes...got a foot of snow on New Years Day, my grandson was in the hospital all of the holidays (he suffers from Cystic Fibrosis), and each winter is worse for him...tomorrow he has his tonsils and adenoids removed and any operation is worse for him than normal, as he has to be put into a coma...he's been a trooper tho. I caught a nasty cold over the holiday, so I don't dare even go visit...

So, although I will survive my minor problems, I want to remind you all to keep those who are close to your heart, near. Keep your grow rooms clean (always my downfall), and keep it green...

Peace...j.b.

Our thoughts go out to you, your grandson and your family! Hope all is well soon.

you gotta get some more vitamin C in you brother :D

and i know what u mean about males. i try hard to get them as well (i search for good cultivars)

but all the top seed co. fem everything now to protect genetics because everyone is getting into "Patenting" now. Note to all, do not buy seeds from a company who patents their genetics! its not right, and purely capatilistic in nature.

:) good luck to you friend, hope your next week is just as eventful with a more fruitful outcome :D

'and let it be said, earth is the heartland, and us its very creators, look no farther for a god than in your own soul, you are he, and she is you, we are' Pz

Latest posts

Back