What do you do with herm plant?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba

Reaction score
Friend has 3 purple Dawn plants in a tent. nice, 2 weeks into 12/12, f/m showing on top, but sure enough balls below. 2 of 3 like this. I would tend to cut and burn. He might grow them out seeds and all, but I think its the pain of starting over. I say quicker the better, don't see a use for them, other than compost. To each their own I guess.

Bubba

I had a tent that got seeded from one hermie but I let them grow out and harvested them as usual.
I usually get 80-90g/plant when I grow in soil and these came out to about 100g/plant.
I had 4 plants and as I smoked it I saved all the seeds and weighed them when it was all gone.
The total weight of the seeds was 110g, so I ended up with about 75g/plant of seed-free buds to smoke, and they were very good. I would not plant the seeds, though, because they could be genetically defective.
Selling seeds must be a very profitable business because those 4 medium sized plants produced several thousand seeds.

The purple dawn seeds are produced by a husband and wife couple known as Michael and Dawn. You can actually watch their youtube channel and see how they grow their plants and seeds and how big and amazing the buds are.
WATCH THEM HERE:

It's rare as the owner of NukeHeads for me to hear anyone having issues with their seeds. However, one must understand something about feminized seeds. Feminized seeds are created by using a hermaphrodite female. One must force a female plant into converting into a hermaphrodite or " Acting Male " and use those pollens on another female. So inheritantly any feminized seed no matter where you order them from contains hermi-genetics. I've written a nice article on what makes plants hermi CLICK HERE:

Now, people who know better know regular seeds ( which can turn TRUE MALE or female ) when grown and you get a female from regular seeds. Those females are a bit tougher and handle abuse better than females grown from feminized seeds. The issue for home growers is this means months of growing regular seeds killing TRUE MALES ( notice I say TRUE MALE vs ACTING MALE ) , and finally maybe you get 2 female plants out of 10 regular seeds. ( There is debate of science on turtle eggs grown at warm temps to make them more female for example, and thus also there is supposed conditions for regular seeds citing the Henkel brothers from Jorge Cervantes book that states you can get more female plant from regular seeds if conditions are prime ) , but most of the time people don't have time or environment to prime a condition for higher rates of females from regular seeds. So they buy feminized seeds from online seeds banks like NukeHeads.com to they get all females.

In simple, if your going to grow Marijuana at home or at a Million Dollar Commercial Grow facility. Expect to deal with hermaphrodites because they are part of Marijuana Horticulture and they just happen.. usually they occur mostly by grower abuse, failed light timers etc as documented in the article written on WHY DO MARIJUANA PLANTS HERMAPHRODITE

I hope this helps all of you who buy seeds to know what to expect. I'd love to drop more on monoeccious and dioeccious colonies of cannabis and where hermies first and mostly were a dominant " ACTING MALE " for the colonies, but I'll let you all google that up, or you can study the knowledge base on our website at www.NukeHeads.com

Much Love everyon,

-Cody Oebel
Owner,
www.NukeHeads.com

I discussed this in another thread where someone discussed Hermie's. No stress here, 75-79 degrees F. RH around RH 50. Soil is OF, nutes are Advanced Nutrients. I ha VC e Nukeheads flower power nutes also, I found they lowered the PH to 5.5 or so, it took almost 100 drops of General Hydro up, and I couldn't get PH up beyond 6.2-6.4. for hydro this would be fine, but doesn't get as high as I would like, 6.8 or so.

Anyway, back to the Hermie discussion, one develope a small cluster of what appeared to be balls and cut it. Another began this, so I cut it as well.

Then, the last two did, but I waited. These "balls" were a bit different. They showed up, usually one here, one there. They got fairly large, about the size of a small caper. They were even on a little stem

I decided to watch and pick them off, but one opened and pistols came out. Never have seen a caylx like this. Once heavily flowering, they would form, grow even bigger, then bursting open with at least 8 pistols coming out! Kind of made the buds look like cotton, with puffs of pistols clustered together. This was Purple Dawn strain.

The plant is beautiful, crystals galore, continued piling up. Many fresh pistol clusters, older pistols turn golden, giving a beautiful peaches and cream look. Smell? Sweet grape smell.

I think I killed two plants too soon. The one with clusters, I'm no longer sure. I've been at this for decades, but have never seen such caylx. Little more cautious now.

Another oddity, one I let grow turned out female, but must have been an odd pheno type, or accidentally mixed in in? Different color, more military drab green, and instead of sweet grape smell, it STRONGLY smells of garlic.

Bubba

Bubba, you can save yourself a bit of money by going to the local farm store and buying milk stone remover. It's the same stuff as GH up and only costs about $15 a gallon. It's used to clean calcium deposits off of milking machines, and it's even the same color as GH. Both are phosphoric acid. Used it for many years.

1630009577645.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be cheaper to buy in that form for sure, but even the "store bought" up isn't that expensive, but geez, a hundred drops to a gallon seemed a bit much.

I bought a bottle of Emerald brand Up, 5 or 6 drops of it does the job. Just seems like that much up just wouldn't be so good for plants? I mean whether it takes 5 drops or 100 drops to get to proper PH it is the same amount of acid required, just one is more concentrated.

Bubba

True. I always kept a couple of plastic garbage cans full of water and would do a mild PH correction before I used it, but nutrients can and will change the PH. If it was ever way off, I'd take it up in stages so as not to shock the plant.
Don't know what you use for down, but good ole Arm & Hammer always worked fine for me. Yeah, I'm cheep, but I get good results. I'd tell you what I use for nutes, but you'd demand my demise by firing squad.

Hey, if it works it works. That's all that matters.

Bubba

True. I always kept a couple of plastic garbage cans full of water and would do a mild PH correction before I used it, but nutrients can and will change the PH. If it was ever way off, I'd take it up in stages so as not to shock the plant.
Don't know what you use for down, but good ole Arm & Hammer always worked fine for me. Yeah, I'm cheep, but I get good results. I'd tell you what I use for nutes, but you'd demand my demise by firing squad.
Has figured a way to use Human Fecal Matter as fertilizer
Save the Hippie save The World

Latest posts

Back