what do you make of this??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetBLACK

Reaction score
ok so she is in her 4th week of flowering and im using 5 30w cfls, and 2 40w flos. i know i need better lites but this is what i have right now. anyways, in the last few days i noticed some of the hairs on the buds are turning brownish and shriveling up, some even fell off. the hairs used to be a nice full yellow color looking plump and healthy, now they are looking different. it started at the top now several buds have this happening. i didnt think the hairs would start to darken up so soon, is this normal or is there something wrong? alot of the buds seem unaffected and look great while others look like they are wilting. any ideas or thoughts would be great, thanks in advance for any help.

and also i didnt have proper flowering nutes at first and used a miracle gro 15-30-15 solution. i stopped using it last week and got proper nutes from the hydro store with bud enhancers, so my nutes are good now, but it did have MG in it last week, maybe that could be it, but then i dont know why it is still getting worse. thanks again

DSC06831.JPG

DSC06832.JPG

DSC06833.JPG

DSC06834.JPG

DSC06835.JPG

My guess would be an overabudance of nitrogen with your MG fert stressed the plant out a bit during flowering and caused that. You might want to even consider flushing your plants then feeding a light nute solution lacking the nitrogen, but thats up to you. You're on the right track pickin up some new nutes anyways...

I use MG 15-30-15 and have no problem at all with it. (Which is just as well bc I can't find anything that's any better). I use it at twice the strength they recommend.
The last pic on the right looks pretty normal to me. The others ... the plants look yellowish. If you hadn't said you are using CFLs and tubes I'd have thought the plants were under an HPS when you took those images. The hairs on the buds (pistils, right?) do change colour early, that's normal, nothing to worry about. The colas look too small for the 4th week of flower, at least to my eye. I guess that might be down to the lighting. You didn't mention what light cycle you're using or what type of media you're growing in.

she is on her 4th week of 12/12 cycle. and she is in a 3gal pot with MG organic soil. the nutes are from supernatural foods, bloom terra, super bloom, and bud blaster, and i just started using them 2 days ago.

Latest posts

Back