What do you use for PH UP and DOWN?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you use for PH adjustments?

• I buy it in liquid form.

• I buy it in powder form and use it in powder form.

• I buy it in powder form and mix my own liquid form.

• I use food products like vinegar, baking soda, lemon juice, etc.

• I run amended organic soil and don't worry about ph.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Music
Reaction score
Kind of curious what peeps are using for PH up and down?

I currently use GH UP and Down in powder form and mix up my own liquids for easy use. I have used different brands but like GH. In a pinch I remember going to Pet Smart and buying their liquid UP and Down and spending way too much for the little I got. I also have used food products in a pinch but they could never hold the ph for very long. I mix up the powder in plastic vodka bottles and it works well.

Anybody wanna share what they use and why?

20121201_165451.jpg

20121201_165458.jpg

I load my soil up on dolomite lime and don't worry about it.

bubbling with airstones brings my bottle organics ph up (usually*)

anyone use potassium silicate? hydro store guys always praising it for ph up

I have me little switch on side of pot flick it up or down dependin to need, its a tricky wire job but worth it in the end ;)

BWD

I also use GH pH down. It is easy to use and inexpensive.

When running my DWC on synthetics I use GH products just for the reason THG has mentioned. When running organics I use a combination of calcium, proper mixing and amounts of soil amendments and some dolomite lime.

Following your recomendations for lime in MG seed starter nute free soils and following other GH advice. The ph in my feeds and runoff are well within margins but I have a great well and have some of the best rated water coming thru it.

Your local(pronounced local/ long A) may affect that.

just for the record, Your description on a much older post in archives, was the one that made me start to copy your grows. Nice return for time spent and from the way you post and talk, I'd buy you a beer anytime.

Though By your older posts, I did already get ph+\- in the grow room just incase, one of those combined shipping / free deals. I have yet to use them.

Rock on Hammy, I hope u get it figured out if u haven't already.

Herm said:
I load my soil up on dolomite lime and don't worry about it.

4u2sm0ke said:
Me too:icon_smile:

I use Dolomite Lime as well to help with ph issues and because I stopped using Cal/Mag+.

Thanks for sharing.

kaotik said:
bubbling with airstones brings my bottle organics ph up (usually*)

anyone use potassium silicate? hydro store guys always praising it for ph up

That is a stroke of good luck. My tap water is usually around 7.3, but lately it is 6.8 and it always throws me for a loop making me second guess my PH tester.

BackWoodsDrifter said:
I have me little switch on side of pot flick it up or down dependin to need, its a tricky wire job but worth it in the end ;)

BWD

I need to get with that technology right there BWD.:)

The Hemp Goddess said:
I also use GH pH down. It is easy to use and inexpensive.

Yeah GH has a faithful customer in me. I like their products and their prices. :)

pcduck said:
When running my DWC on synthetics I use GH products just for the reason THG has mentioned. When running organics I use a combination of calcium, proper mixing and amounts of soil amendments and some dolomite lime.

Thanks for the input pc...I need to give Organics a try.

Iams said:
Following your recomendations for lime in MG seed starter nute free soils and following other GH advice. The ph in my feeds and runoff are well within margins but I have a great well and have some of the best rated water coming thru it.

Your local(pronounced local/ long A) may affect that.

just for the record, Your description on a much older post in archives, was the one that made me start to copy your grows. Nice return for time spent and from the way you post and talk, I'd buy you a beer anytime.

Though By your older posts, I did already get ph+\- in the grow room just incase, one of those combined shipping / free deals. I have yet to use them.

Rock on Hammy, I hope u get it figured out if u haven't already.

I would drink said beer my friend....and return the favor a time or two.:)

I appreciate the kind words and I am glad I could help in anyway possible. It's a never ending learning experience and I learn something new everyday. I will be sticking with what I do now. Was just curious about what others are doing and figured it could lead to some positive discussion and maybe help someone new to the game.

Your posts and questions do lend much to the game. Thanks again to you and others whom also so diligently post their learning curve.

your archived posts helped me get my mind around the feed the soil not the plant concept. even just reading about your earlier auto grows helped to reinforce, feed the soil.

I know I'm just using GH but I think that that idea reinforced into my basic training in this will pay for itself and open up other things to try.

be good and pet that cat for me. and tell it, no, its not catnip......good kitty!

btw, still trying to get that holloween avatar erased from my thoughts.....

I use GH nutes, but use advanced ph up and down. More concentrated, use less, works great.

skullcandy said:
i use general hydroponics up also.

Thanks for the input skull...

NorCalHal said:
I use GH nutes, but use advanced ph up and down. More concentrated, use less, works great.

Advanced is more concentrated? Thanks for the info NCH. I will have to price it next time I need up and down.

Iams said:
btw, still trying to get that holloween avatar erased from my thoughts.....

You and me both...:) I was going through a folder on my computer and saw that avatar and one that is even worse. :eek:

Thanks for your input bro.

After growing weed for about 15 years dutifully watching and adjusting ph about five years ago I went 100% organic. After about a year of organic growing and some PH run-off tests I put my Hanna meter and ph UP and ph DOWN bottles on the shelf. It's been about 2 years and my plants have never even skipped a beat. ;)

I've used several brands of nutes as well as supersoil since and I don't notice any difference. imho organic soil really does buffer and handle the job well if you keep it alive and happy. :D

Peace~! :cool:

According to me, GH pH down is a very easy to use and inexpensive. I also use GH pH down product and the best thing about this product easily available and effective with rate.

I use GH PH up and down. Good Product!

Latest posts

Back