What Happened?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

White Owl

Smokin' in Peace
Reaction score
OK Folks,

My "Buddy" (same Buddy that got my lights) grew a Voodoo Purple for me. Well it's Harvested and I want to know what he did wrong so I do not make the same mistakes as he did. His last batch was Nute burned and I swear we were smoking fertilizer.
Please feel free to give me all your helpfull advice.:confused:

Marriah.jpg

Marriah 2.jpg

Hello WO :)

See how your mouse is in focus in the second picture?

Stand further back from the plant so its in focus ;)

The plant looks nute burnt with heat stress.

As for the tasting of nutes, thats what you get when you dont stop feeding a plant for 2 weeks before harvest :aok:

The last 2 weeks you need to stop giving the plant feed and give it just water, some people also flush at this time to wash all the nutes out of the grow medium.

:peace:

Reactions: D3
LOL What an idiot! he totally doesn't even know what he's doing over there (I'm a newbie too, but geeze guy, even I know not to give the plants all that much!). I've been tying to explain to him the chemical breakdowns, but he just gives me the deer in the headlight stare and insists on continuing to use the FF extensive feeding schedule. Whatever. I'm just glad that I have my own card and can do it my way and be legit.

:giggle: I'll ty the tip on the next set of pics I post. Hey, I'm a grower, not a photographer! and I'm only using a cell phone camera LOL.

Oh, and about the flushing...He told me to flush it 3-4 times tonight before pulling it. From what I've read from other posts here in the forum, that wasn't right either.

HippyInEngland said:
There are 2 kinds of growers, those willing to learn and those who stumble in the dark ;)

:peace:

He's not stumbling, He's tripping!:rolleyes:

I thinks that has to be the worlds most fugly plant!LOL Flushing wouldn't hurt but I think the damages been done!

Phatpharmer

I know this guy that tells me you can't flush outdoor(inb ground)?According to him you cut the spears and place them in buckets of phd water w/ flush in it(cut side in water).He tells me he leaves them in until the leaves yellow.I'm not experienced with this,but maby it'll help you out.He stand behind it!

by spears do you mean the branches cut at harvest time?
so basically he soaks the branches cut end in water , right? and for how long ?
and does anyone else know this method or ever hear of it. ??

Yeah thats what I said. Didn't get much off her after taking all that burnt leaf/bud out of the mix, However I am learning what not to do. I am not using FFOF soil again cuz i can see the nute burn on my own girl Mary. I haven't given her anything but a small dose of Shultz African Violet plus Micronutes at 8-14-9. She is finishing her 2nd week of flower and I have had 1 or 2 fan leaves start turning yellow. I did a soil test & I found that FFOF is very high in nutes and that I probably don't need to add a thing just flush I gather.

Happy Growing! :)

that plant up there is burnt to a crisp.... white owl let me know how that fert does cause I am using the same... somebody said the african violet fert is too high in acidity but it sounds good on the bottle.. ALL budding plants...

that plant looks like its suffering from an acute phosphorous deficiency, no wonder the buds look like crap.

ps, just FFOF by itself will most definitely not cause deficiencies for at least two weeks, its loaded with goodies and seedlings gobble them up, then they get their first real feeding after a few weeks have passed, a light feeding tho, use your judgement.

I am not using FFOF soil again cuz i can see the nute burn on my own girl Mary. I haven't given her anything but a small dose of Shultz African Violet plus Micronutes at 8-14-9.

..You've spent good money on "good" soil, then you dump in crap shultz chemical nutrients, with a ph waaay outta' "whack" ...don't blame FF.
I've used FFOF almost exclusively for the last several years. It will NOT burn plants by itself, and even on a heavy feeding schedule, FF products are 'difficult' to over do..IME.
IMO FF products are hard to beat for simplicity and stupid proof. I'm living proof!! :p

I am with hick,I don't use ff anymore but I had quite a few great grows with there products,like flora nova they are tough to over use,and hippy is right,there are 2 kinds of growers,I have been in the game 30+ years,and still learning after hundreds of grows,thanks to all the great peeps on this site

Latest posts

Back