What if med mj is legalized?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxdjbud420xx

Reaction score
What if Mj is legalized for only medical reseasons? What about the casual smokers? Thats all were hearing about in the news and stuff, is the med mj.

I personally think mmj is just a stepping stone toward complete decriminalization. With that said, I live in a mmj state and have not heard of anyone being turned down for a recommendation...though i'm sure they've turned down some.

Unjust laws are what put tens of thousands of marijuana users in jails. If marijuana is useful for medical reasons, that's wonderful. However, I don't think that has a thing to do with it's being made legal for everyone.

My sig says it all.

It would be great. A stepping stone for the rest of us. But just like if you get caught with unprescribed meds now you still get into trouble. I mean you by herbs at an all natural herb store right? Mj is a herb as far as I know.

if MJ were legalized for medical use, then i would set myself up as a provider.:hubba:

xxdjbud420xx said:
I mean you by herbs at an all natural herb store right? Mj is a herb as far as I know.
And the poppy is just a flower. And the Coca plant is just a bush.

Dude, are you serious?

Medical marijuana is legal, it's just that no doctors have the balls to give it to you.

There are 12 medical marijuana patients who get federal weed.

Not illegal, just subverted.

yes those are plants too. but do you have to chemically alter those plants to get like herion or coke and the like. I think so.

But what is taking so long? The sooner it is decriminalized on the federal leval the sooner more states will join the 13 we already got.

That, most likely, would not be the case. Your govt has been out and out lying to you for a long, long time. To suddenly change their minds and make such things legal would entail an admission to that fact. This, in their minds, would only cause more distrust from the general population. Warped, huh? I personally think they are feeling the winds of change. I think that anti-mj hardliners are becoming fewer and being listened to less. Unfortunately they are so tied up in special interest monies from big business that earn no benefit from legalized narijuana that it's gonna take a while.

nvthis said:
I personally think they are feeling the winds of change. I think that anti-mj hardliners are becoming fewer and being listened to less. Unfortunately they are so tied up in special interest monies from big business that earn no benefit from legalized narijuana that it's gonna take a while.

A lot of those big businesses are going bankrupt due to hardliner logic as well. They may not be around to vote next time.

Well I know it will not ever be completely legal, but if all the states were decriminalized like the way cali is doing it, that would be good enough for me. He clearly stated that "the war on drugs is a complete an utter failure" and he believes in decriminalation not legalazation so he can regulate and get his cut. So whenever he gets around to keeping his word if he ever does I think all fifty states would eventually jump on board and decriminalize small amounts for personal use. But honestly, I think the dude is full of it but only time will tell.. I think im going to go ahead and wright him another letter, you all should too. Im thinking about bugging some talk shows about it America needs to see alot more on tv about the issue we need too see real life stories of honer role students getting busted with one joint and having their whole life messed up. and old peaple that use to relieve there pain only to have dea break down there door and pistal whip them. It happens every day but nobody speaks out against it

POTUS said:
However, I don't think that has a thing to do with it's being made legal for everyone.

I disagree. It has had everything to do with it. If it wasn't for Cali passing the first medmj law, not one state would have made the changes that they have. I am not talking about just the Medmj states, I mean all the general decrimalization that has taken place in alot of states. Like going down to a misdemeanor with no jail time, just a fine.
Alot of states have passed these laws just over the last 10 years or so, since Cali has been pushing the envelope in Medmj and decrim.

Why u ask??

Simple, people from other states see what is going on out here in Cali and read about the changes we have done. That pushes people to stand up for thier rights in other states, and that is what has made the slight changes so far. All it takes is for one guy in a crowd to start shouting, and the rest start chiming in.

Can anyone really say we are the same or worse off then 20 years ago?? Heck no.

NorCalHal said:
I disagree. It has had everything to do with it. If it wasn't for Cali passing the first medmj law, not one state would have made the changes that they have. I am not talking about just the Medmj states, I mean all the general decrimalization that has taken place in alot of states. Like going down to a misdemeanor with no jail time, just a fine.
Alot of states have passed these laws just over the last 10 years or so, since Cali has been pushing the envelope in Medmj and decrim.

Why u ask??

Simple, people from other states see what is going on out here in Cali and read about the changes we have done. That pushes people to stand up for thier rights in other states, and that is what has made the slight changes so far. All it takes is for one guy in a crowd to start shouting, and the rest start chiming in.

:yeahthat: times 10.

Il Stugots said:
if med mj is legalized, im opening a dispensary. that would pretty much be my dream...

Why?

So you can make a ton of money ripping off patients and growers alike?

Technically, dispenseries are legitimately illegal under the CA mmj laws.

Here's my paranoia talking. The Winter Wonderland state I'm in is finally getting it together. My problem is, okay, I apply for a permit, pay the state the money they finally figured out how to squeeze out of me for their permission to use med mj. They now got my name and address. It just seems so invasive. All the police in our area figure if there's mj, there's something bigger going on. What's to protect my privacy in the home after the state allows me to use med mj. Will the permit give the law authorities probable cause to walk on my property whenever they see a puff of smoke??? Decriminalization by the feds is what I'm pushing for.

It just makes me sick that you get more time for using mj than if you go out and beat the B'J out of someone. It makes me even sicker that pedafiles get less time and are back out on the streets with even the crappiest of lawyers.

NorCalHal said:
I disagree. It has had everything to do with it. If it wasn't for Cali passing the first medmj law, not one state would have made the changes that they have. I am not talking about just the Medmj states, I mean all the general decriminalization that has taken place in alot of states. Like going down to a misdemeanor with no jail time, just a fine.

Why u ask??

Simple, people from other states see what is going on out here in Cali and read about the changes we have done. That pushes people to stand up for their rights in other states, and that is what has made the slight changes so far. All it takes is for one guy in a crowd to start shouting, and the rest start chiming in.

I understand that you think California legal practices are influencing other states. I agree that California is used as an example in some cases, but here in Florida, Marijuana is just as illegal as it's always been. If anything, it's worse than it was 20 years ago. Now, instead of just dumping it on the roadside and warning you, they put you on the ground with guns pointed at you, tasers at the ready, handcuff you and put in in a series of cages until you post bail before being placed into the justice (haha) system and prosecuted for a felony (for more than 20 grams) "Only" one year in jail for less. Regardless of the outcome, you'll lose your job, probably your home and car and anything else you can't pay for now because you got busted on a felony and lost your income. No one will hire you for more than menial labor from that point on.

No, we are not better than 20 years ago.

Yes, we need to LEGALIZE Marijuana, not Decriminalize it. Decriminalization is nothing but a bribe from the Government to shut up and take whatever they feel like dishing out. Like they're doing us a favor by making it only illegal a-little-bit.

My message to the Government is Legalize Marijuana or else. Or else I'll continue to grow it in my home illegally and supply it to medical users and my friends at cost. Or else the Cartels will continue to thrive on their profits from ILLEGAL Marijuana and all the crime, murder and associated crap will also continue as it is now.

My message to the Government is to stop playing games with the law. They made Marijuana illegal by trickery. By juggling the law with requirements for tax stamps that couldn't be obtained without first breaking the law. A purposeful catch 22 that was planned and executed by our Government and propagated into what is now a conglomeration of illegitimate laws that were spawned by the initial unjust maneuverings of the Justice department.

Screw the Government and their "Decriminalization". Screw the states with their "We'll let only Medical Users have it".

The system of unfair, unjust laws that exist today concerning Marijuana were put in place through the misuse of Government power and created a no-win situation that has been propagated against the people of the United States of America with wild abandonment by law enforcement agencies throughout the USA for decades.

It's time to bring this farce of unjust trickery to an end. Not a slow-down, not a compromise, not a face saving alteration of already unjust acts, but a total, unconditional rescinding of all Marijuana laws in the country with an Executive panel put in place by the President of the United States of America to study the LEGAL aspects and social repercussions of setting up a system for Marijuana that is similar to that with which Alcohol is governed.

If all they're going to do is throw out the proverbial bone for us to chew and STILL keep us under their thumbs, then I would rather they not do anything at all.

that's *** I'm talkin about, Potus you need your own talk show. America will listen I am!

It just makes me sick that you get more time for using mj than if you go out and beat the B'J out of someone. It makes me even sicker that pedafiles get less time and are back out on the streets with even the crappiest of lawyers.
Has ne one ever smoked a doobie and said "hey lets go rob, rap, or abduct someone". Hell to the na! Thats why I say when a conflict comes up with different countries, why dont they just sit down toke up listen to some music. Guarantee it would be resolved with out bloodshed.

Latest posts

Back