What is in your backyard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almonds

1655216636981.png

I have a black walnut tree that has actual nuts on it this year. I’m not super fond of them but they remind me of my grandma when I do eat them in some baked goods on occasion. I remember her hands being ink stained for a week from shelling them…. I think mine will go to the squirrels

Do not eat the nut meat
Apricot nuts are linked to the new superfood, with researchers highlighting their anti-cancer properties. However, they warn that a compound in the apricot kernel turns into cyanide as soon as it enters the body, to levels that can harm us. These nuts contain fiber, protein and high amounts of useful fats.

You know what really grinds my gears? Apricots are stupid just for the fact that they aren’t as sweet or juicy as a peach, also they are smaller and have a bigger seed so even less sweet juicy goodness then peaches. Apricots are thieves. They are also racist Drumpf supporters.
364B642F-029E-4717-A66A-AAF6662EFD77.jpeg

You know what really grinds my gears? Apricots are stupid just for the fact that they aren’t as sweet or juicy as a peach, also they are smaller and have a bigger seed so even less sweet juicy goodness then peaches. Apricots are thieves. They are also racist Drumpf supporters.
View attachment 300269
Next time pick them while they are still green and let them ripen off vine
You won't lose so many

Next time pick them while they are still green and let them ripen off vine
You won't lose so many
I didn’t lose too many. There’s always some you can’t get and always some the ants and birds get. What I like to do with the fallen ones is gather them near the back fence in a pile for the squirrels. I let the rodents joyfully romp and gorge, as they believe they have found eden. All the while I load up my .22LR magazine and sneak out around the back of the shed.

Latest posts

Back