What is in your backyard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rabbits are in my back yard. Eating my beats and beans. I have tried all kinds of repellents and nothing slows them down. The coyotes and foxes here have all died from distemper and until they make a come back i am at their mercy it seams. I put some Bone meal down a couple of days ago and it might be helping.

No, I can't kill them.....against the rules at my house. One of thees days the boss will be at the store and they might just magically disappear.

This isn't my back yard but it is this years version of the front. Rabbits are eating and s-hitting in the front as well causing some damage.

IMG_20220705_140759446_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
The maypops are flowering!
View attachment 302026
Thassa passion flower. I gots 'em all over my front yard. All volunteers. Honeybees get on them and get drunk. Sometimes three bees at a time just face in head down, snarfing up the nectar.
Here's mine. Ya gotta get to them in the moanin'... by 1PM they are archives.
1657052599780.jpeg

Thassa passion flower. I gots 'em all over my front yard. All volunteers. Honeybees get on them and get drunk. Sometimes three bees at a time just face in head down, snarfing up the nectar.
Here's mine. Ya gotta get to them in the moanin'... by 1PM they are archives.
View attachment 302182
I am making a list of plants I would like to plant. Maypops and Passion flowers are on the list.

I've got another weird one out front... It gets flowers on it that look remarkably like flying doves. The honeybees love the nectar of this plant so much, you can atually pet them! They ignore you when you stroke them their entire length with your pingle.

I've had visitors asking to have their picture taken doing it. The flowers look like this:

1657053359633.jpeg

Removing background leaves this:

1657053405721.jpeg

I've got another weird one out front... It gets flowers on it that look remarkably like flying doves. The honeybees love the nectar of this plant so much, you can atually pet them! They ignore you when you stroke them their entire length with your pingle.

I've had visitors asking to have their picture taken doing it. The flowers look like this:

View attachment 302183

Removing background leaves this:

View attachment 302184
A few years ago, I had a male cannabis plant flower in my back yard. Bees absolutely loved the flowers and I could work around the plant without them giving me any notice. No psychoactive compounds in the males that I know of so I just think they liked the pollen more than my presence was bothering them. Didn’t try petting them though.

Rabbits are in my back yard. Eating my beats and beans. I have tried all kinds of repellents and nothing slows them down. The coyotes and foxes here have all died from distemper and until they make a come back i am at their mercy it seams. I put some Bone meal down a couple of days ago and it might be helping.

No, I can't kill them.....against the rules at my house. One of thees days the boss will be at the store and they might just magically disappear.

This isn't my back yard but it is this years version of the front. Rabbits are eating and s-hitting in the front as well causing some damage.

View attachment 302192
Will Mothballs work? Spread them along the perimeter of the garden

Will Mothballs work? Spread them along the perimeter of the garden
I hate the smell of mothballs. My momma uses them. All her towels smell like them😂. My hubby uses them around the yard to detour snakes. Some say it works but I’d rather have the snakes. He was plenty pissed when I asked him to retrieve the mothballs he threw under our deck. It took him a couple of hours. 😂 I used them once in my strawberry patch after someone told me they got rid of slugs. Well actually they did get rid of the slugs but my strawberries tasted like momma towels 🙃 I say no to mothballs unless you dig that smell which lasts forever…

Latest posts

Back