What is in your backyard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same darn birds do it to my sliding glass doors a few times a yr
I pick them up and they shake it off and are fine
This one was stunned for about 10-15 minutes. My wife saw it hit and said it hit HARD. I thought it’s neck was broken but when I picked it up, it moved its wings and feet so I figured it was just ‘punch drunk’. It flew away from the bird bath shortly after I put it on the bird bath island. I know I shouldn’t play God but if I see something, I do something…

This one was stunned for about 10-15 minutes. My wife saw it hit and said it hit HARD. I thought it’s neck was broken but when I picked it up, it moved its wings and feet so I figured it was just ‘punch drunk’. It flew away from the bird bath shortly after I put it on the bird bath island. I know I shouldn’t play God but if I see something, I do something…
This little bird pecked on my window for days. I think his reflection

Those lilttle guys have some big claws on them
They wrap my finger for dear life.
I swear that bird came back the next season and landed on my chair arm while I was sitting on deck and said hello.

I have no idea but we do have a mockingbird maybe. I hear it singing all the time but I really don’t know my birds
I think it is. They can imitate any sound. Last year, at like 2 am I had to let my dog out. A bird was going thru like 10 different calls and then he’d repeat. I’ve got video somewhere.
871DF1DA-ADE0-4AF2-9854-C4E27BF2E333.png

We have a lot of crows here. We also have hawks which give them a time. Crow are weird too. Three were beating another one up in my front yard last summer. I thought they were gonna kill him. I went out and broke it up. He got away but they were chasing him

Fking Blacks always beat each other up.😁
I thought ppl said they had to eat crow ever once in awhile. Did you eat crow Sub?🤪

We have a lot of crows here. We also have hawks which give them a time. Crow are weird too. Three were beating another one up in my front yard last summer. I thought they were gonna kill him. I went out and broke it up. He got away but they were chasing him
I don’t like their call. They don’t come around my yard which is good. Maybe the cats and dog make my yard too dangerous for them.

One bald headed grass puppy so far today.

We've got a group of four crows that show up at the feeders. These guys are HUGE. Quite comical to boot. Their call isn't anymore annoying than the Bluejays to my ears.
Agreed. Blue jays are irritating. Could your crows be Ravens? I think they are around in Michigan.

And what is a bald headed grass puppy?

No they are crows. I kinda like them even tho they are kinda loud. I’ll take that sound over traffic anyway.
My next-door neighbor moved into her house about a year ago. Our street is a dead end and traffic is minimal. She lived in the city of Worcester on one of the main surface streets. She said it took her months to get used to how quiet it is here. Now she said she could never go back to city living. Me neither…

Latest posts

Back