What is in your backyard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ SubG, yes they are after the beets and beans. I sprinkle it at the base of the plants. They seem to have left the beets alone long enough for them to reestablish leaves. Hopefully it will work as well on the beans.

The little bastutds are killing my grass though. Their urine is causing brown spots....Mrs Pute sees a cute little bunny.....I see dinner .
That is new by me , Rabbit urine brown spots
I have both Bastards

I just went out and took a picture of the damage the little pricks are doing. I wish I could do that Roster......
IMG_20220710_075654708.jpg

Henrietta and her 3 poults. Turkeys must be dumb as a box of rocks because the poults were trapped in a softball field ‘dugout’. I, being Mr Nature, decided to help and circled around to drive Henrietta back towards the dugout so she would draw the poults out of the opening. It worked but then they were all unable to figure out how to go around the backstop. ‘Mr Nature’ to the rescue. I walked towards them and 2 poults flew away(I didn’t know they could fly at that age). Then one ran towards me, took off as well and flew into a giant net and got caught between the net and a chain link fence. It eventually freed itself but I need to stop trying to help. The fledgling woodpecker died on me this morning…

I expected it to be bad…
D1E6AF05-E56C-4A95-B9CD-F3975A9F51BD.jpeg

Full disclosure:I don’t read the Ecommunist. It is a liberal propaganda rag. I also don’t use Twatter. I just saw this picture and was angry…

It fked up a lot of kids. The mother fkers don't care. They have been fking with kids minds for along time with their bullshit. The Teachers Unions need to be shut down and bring back the PTA

740A78C0-B2FA-4D98-86FD-AAD984A6A921.jpeg

I will assume, from the lack of reaction this picture produced when I posted it on another thread, that nobody here recognized the plant.
I thought, since it is in my backyard, I would repost the picture here, and provide a little more detail.
This is ginseng, I have quite a bit growing on my place.
Back in the early 80’s, I dug enough one fall to buy a sweet little 20 gauge Remington Wingmaster.
I still have it, and it has been well cared for.
Back then, ginseng was bringing $300 per pound.
The last few years, the price has fluctuated somewhere between $500-$800 per pound.
I don’t dig it as much as I used to, but every few years, a pound or two makes a nice Christmas bonus.

I've got plenty of sang on the north sloped up at the cabin...folks make their living harvesting the stuff and get violent if they catch you near their patch...

View attachment 302594

I will assume, from the lack of reaction this picture produced when I posted it on another thread, that nobody here recognized the plant.
I thought, since it is in my backyard, I would repost the picture here, and provide a little more detail.
This is ginseng, I have quite a bit growing on my place.
Back in the early 80’s, I dug enough one fall to buy a sweet little 20 gauge Remington Wingmaster.
I still have it, and it has been well cared for.
Back then, ginseng was bringing $300 per pound.
The last few years, the price has fluctuated somewhere between $500-$800 per pound.
I don’t dig it as much as I used to, but every few years, a pound or two makes a nice Christmas bonus.
I’ve seen it here and there in the woods behind my house but don’t harvest it since it seems rare in these parts. Wouldn’t know what to do with it anyway. Dry the root out?

I've got plenty of sang on the north sloped up at the cabin...folks make their living harvesting the stuff and get violent if they catch you near their patch...

Sang, the term used by those most familiar with it.

I’ve seen it here and there in the woods behind my house but don’t harvest it since it seems rare in these parts. Wouldn’t know what to do with it anyway. Dry the root out?

Yes, you dry it before selling.
It is getting more scarce, which is why I only dig it every few years.

I use an app called Seek. Free and it seems to work pretty well.

Latest posts

Back