What is in your backyard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Red bellied woodpecker fledgling that must’ve fell out of his nest. What would you folks do with him? Brain him or let a predator take him out
View attachment 302526
Mrs Fogey isn’t happy with me but he is in a box with a tee shirt, some meal worms and water. Too weak to fly at this point so he will spend the night in the shed to see if he gets stronger. I am a dunce. Should have left ‘Woody’ alone….

Nope, ya did just fine. When it comes to baby birds, I can't just let nature take its course. The one I'm feeding is just about ready to head out on his own. Betcha he'll remember me, at least for the rest of the year.
I wish I lived close to ya. That little 'pecker would be in my southern facing kitchen window, just like the mystery bird is now.
You might have to feed yours like his mama did; by hand.

Mrs Fogey isn’t happy with me but he is in a box with a tee shirt, some meal worms and water. Too weak to fly at this point so he will spend the night in the shed to see if he gets stronger. I am a dunce. Should have left ‘Woody’ alone….
Awe, he’s so cute. You need to teach him to fly now…

Nope, ya did just fine. When it comes to baby birds, I can't just let nature take its course. The one I'm feeding is just about ready to head out on his own. Betcha he'll remember me, at least for the rest of the year.
I wish I lived close to ya. That little 'pecker would be in my southern facing kitchen window, just like the mystery bird is now.
You might have to feed yours like his mama did; by hand.
he is not happy with his surrogate dad. he pecks at me when i try to give him a meal worm. no-go with the suet cake too. i see the parents grab chunks of suet and heat to their nest so he must eat it. just isn't used to the hairy ape trying to feed him...

he is not happy with his surrogate dad. he pecks at me when i try to give him a meal worm. no-go with the suet cake too. i see the parents grab chunks of suet and heat to their nest so he must eat it. just isn't used to the hairy ape trying to feed him...
Fog you are doing it wrong
get one of these and feed him the worms with your mouth , might have to chew the worms a bit to make them good and soft for the little guy.
1657404756163.png

I haven't seen one hummingbird this year. Too fking hot in Texas I guess. We broke a record today.
🔥🤪🔥
Monday morning early I'm gonna go replace a motor mount on a caddy for a Vietnam Vet that lives a few houses down.... Just me being me I've took it on my self to help him out given his situation his son just got out of 10+ years of prison and well the old man is to headstrong he only has 25% usage of his lungs and is well over the doctors you won't make it to x age and blah blah blah I've known his son since back in the day solid dude and old man's wife who recently passed on :( but known them all for decades his son got busted growing in the 90s but anyways got sidetracked he loves his birds so I custom made him a feeder hanger for his bedrooms dual windows it holds 6 feeders and in the morning and evening it's like a war zone buzzing all over the place around you if your outside and those red throat ones always chasing the others away lmao even tho there's 6 feeders greedy little guys watched them sit and watch the feeders like they are patrolling it I'll have to remember to take a picture or video of them it's nuts... It all has to do with the location and if there's flowers every year because there's scouts that show up first and report to the rest because my house Ive seen one this year and only quarter mile away..... Well that's KindBuds report on hummingbird craziness

Last edited:
Thanks for reminding me Roster. The bone meal seems to be helping. Still haven't seen any Japanese Beatles......I will though. We have hummingbirds...not many though.
Bone meal for JB? I’ve got them…they ate my whole hibiscus plant in one day. Spinasod seems to keep them off my plants although I do see and squash a mating pair I find now and then… do you put bonemeal on the ground under the plant?

@ SubG, yes they are after the beets and beans. I sprinkle it at the base of the plants. They seem to have left the beets alone long enough for them to reestablish leaves. Hopefully it will work as well on the beans.

The little bastutds are killing my grass though. Their urine is causing brown spots....Mrs Pute sees a cute little bunny.....I see dinner .

Latest posts

Back