What is in your backyard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wild turkeys are dang good eating, the breast meat is, anyway.
You ought’a walk out there and club one, cut the breast into strips, prepare like chicken strips. Can’t tell any difference.

Wild turkeys are dang good eating, the breast meat is, anyway.
You ought’a walk out there and club one, cut the breast into strips, prepare like chicken strips. Can’t tell any difference.
except With every bite he will be thinking of his turkey friends. 😂
He will be thinking about how good they taste.

IMG_6075.jpeg

Got it done this morning, gonna be eating turkey tomorrow.

we collect rocks and decided to do something with a pile laying around

C03C4AD7-81C9-4AA2-97FF-53A16762AF9B.jpeg

AA296DFC-B921-4425-8471-234902B91D7A.jpeg

a 2 step landing

C1937684-6554-43C2-8244-E6118F2F5B0A.jpeg

i will mix a sand cement mix and fill in all the voids with it , clean it all with some muratic acid and then seal it with some shiny stuff

no wise crack jokes about getting my rocks off or i will smack you

26D1F624-298E-4E3F-BF8E-FDEC4950462C.jpeg

Had a turkey gang fight in the woods this morning. 2 Toms got into a brawl and the 2 other Toms that were eating(and sh!tting) in my yard went out to investigate. I followed them out and watched them gang up on one. The outsider was driven away…

we bet a lot of wild turkeys around town but ive never seen them fight

a lot of posturing durning mating season but thats about it

they seem to be pretty gentle birds and maybe old Ben was correct when he suggested the turkey for Americas national bird

View attachment 328239

View attachment 328240
This was the first fight I have seen. I have a lot(I would say too many) turkeys in my yard(13 at one point) but that is my fault. I feed them and they know it. They are comfortable enough to walk past my deck and look into my house when they want some corn or sunflower seed. 2 Tom’s and a hen(I call her Henrietta) will let me get close enough that I could reach out and throttle them if I chose too. They better hope inflation doesn’t continue or it may come to that. 😁

exactly

we had a flock of 46 in town two years ago and i was putting out a coffe can of scratch every day

between them and our chickens my feed bill went sky high that month

turkeys have a very very low rate of survival and it is a miracle that any of them survive birth

8DB0547B-2D30-424F-BFB9-E5D4628429CC.jpeg

5D79E32D-9C69-44E6-A070-7B30A548CF7D.jpeg

my turkey feather collection

52054748-6820-436C-AAE0-78707A3BC7DB.jpeg

We had a hen with 4 poults a couple of years ago that would come daily. She was not as trusting of us and would flee when she saw us. I did have to rescue one of the poults that got trapped in my chicken wired garden one morning and then again when all 4 got trapped in a softball ‘dugout’ at the school near my house. My wife was saddened when one day there were only 3 poults. We have a lot of coyotes, a couple of foxes and some Fisher Cats that I am sure keep the population in check. And my neighbor hunts do he gets his fair share too(though he did spare my buddy who I call Thomas one day-he is easily recognizable because he has a fkd up festher on his right wing).

This was the first fight I have seen. I have a lot(I would say too many) turkeys in my yard(13 at one point) but that is my fault. I feed them and they know it. They are comfortable enough to walk past my deck and look into my house when they want some corn or sunflower seed. 2 Tom’s and a hen(I call her Henrietta) will let me get close enough that I could reach out and throttle them if I chose too. They better hope inflation doesn’t continue or it may come to that. 😁
could make a lot of cutlets with a turkey ,just saying.... :)

Is it squirrel season where a million of them run around everywhere In the neighborhood? I saw hundreds this morning on my bike ride. It was almost like a scary movie. Almost wrecked my bike three times trying not to run over them and trying to dodge them. Maybe there is an infestation. Whew. Ok got that off my chest…

also saw this…
IMG_7945.jpeg

Is it squirrel season where a million of them run around everywhere In the neighborhood? I saw hundreds this morning on my bike ride. It was almost like a scary movie. Almost wrecked my bike three times trying not to run over them and trying to dodge them. Maybe there is an infestation. Whew. Ok got that off my chest…

also saw this…
View attachment 328309
Hate to break it to ya Subbie, but them ain't squirrels.......:)

Latest posts

Back