What is in your backyard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bull snake
IMG_20230521_151426097.jpg

When i was a kid we were going through New Mexico coming back from California and there were hundreds of tarantulas crossing the road at night. It was freaky as shit and they were huge.

My Grandfather hunted Rattlesnakes in west Texas. He had cages full of the mean fkers. He sold them to an Indian that milked them for money.

They actual have a tarantula migration of a kind in La Junta CO that is pretty freaky.

we are about 100 miles from La Junta and have seen lots of tarantulas but not the particular migration that you are talking about

we hunt for arrowheads around here , some are as old as Clovis

found these two about 5 miles from our place , a very experienced collector told us these are Paleo

58B41362-FA5B-4CC9-8635-A5D607657482.jpeg

we are about 100 miles from La Junta and have seen lots of tarantulas but not the particular migration that you are talking about

we hunt for arrowheads around here , some are as old as Clovis

found these two about 5 miles from our place , a very experienced collector told us these are Paleo

View attachment 330894
I look for fossils when I am out there and artifacts as well.

I look for fossils when I am out there and artifacts as well.

awesome!

feel free to drop by for a coffee and hooter and we will go arrowhead hunting

we are over by Cheyenne Wells/Kit Carson area , about 40 miles from the Big Sandy massacre site

Latest posts

Back