What is wrong with my Tomato's Flowers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyinghigh

Grow Pretty Flowers
Reaction score
I notice Last night that my Flower are Dieing off and Not for sure why!
I water every 3 days and there still Under the 400 watt MH or should I switch to 400 HPS and there about 17 inches tall...
Right now I just started 5 baby's 2 N.L., 2 P.P., 1 Suprise. and there under the MH now.

Help !!!

Could be blossom end rot. If that is the case you need some calcium in your soil.

what are your temps? what is the difference between day and night?

hxxp://www.plantanswers.com/garden_column/apr03/4.htm

it could be calcium but don't forget that you need to pollinate your own flowers indoors as well. Get a paint brush and pollinate the flowers!

godspeedsuckah said:

Temp during the day has been 90 and at night when the Lights are on it around 85 til morning comes around then it drop some..If I run the Water Cooler during the day it 79 and at night it can drop down to 60 or so. Now the Kooler Days r coming so I don't need to run the Water Cooler to much during the day... I am Glad for the Kooler Weather, cheaper Light Bill;)

Calcium Mmmm I suppose I guess walmart will have it so I'll get some friday when I get Payed...

godspeedsuckah said:

That site said that I need Bee to Pollent the flowers !!!:eek:
Now that really Sux because I would have to put the Plants out in the day light so any Bees can pollentate it. But then I don't see why it not Pollenate each other because there a 12 inch fan that moves back and fourth and blows on the Tomato's Plants.
I guess tonight I will try to Rub the Plants together and see if I can get the Male Pollen to Pollenate the Female..
So do I sit there and play talk with each plant to see if there ineresting to each other ?:rofl: :rofl:

LOL, no you don't need bees to pollinate, you can whack em off by hand (sorry.) Just shake the plant or use a paint brush to pollinate.

godspeedsuckah said:
LOL, no you don't need bees to pollinate, you can whack em off by hand (sorry.) Just shake the plant or use a paint brush to pollinate.

Thanks I will Have to try that tonight, Just to see if I can get these Tomato's plant to Have Sex..:rofl:

Rib the Flower Ruffly or Softly..:giggle:

Yea sure will Do that But got to Rock Out Afterwards!!! Got to Have Some Juicey Tomato's by Helping To MATE..;)

:holysheep: Maybe I CAN Pick My Granddaughter BoyFriend Or Husband when she Turn of Age 25 !!!!:hubba: :giggle: :giggle:

getting back to this. I read the other day that if the female flower develops before the male than the female flower will not get pollinated and will drop from the plant. it happens quite often. The male part is a flower, the female part is a flower with a little tiny ball on the bottom of it; the hopeful tomato.

Oh well they r all gone now..

I am Not going to grow Tomato's inside again.. It just to Much with Out Bees.. ;)

Latest posts

Back