what makes the diference in growin schwag and growing CHRONIC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluntman88

Reaction score
just completed second harvest. These plants went through hell and back, were almost dead and brought back to life twice i would say, but they seemed like they were alright halfway into flowering when we moved them into our tent.

BUT IT SMELLS LIKE PLANTS, NOT LIKE GOOD WEED!

did not use much for nutrients in veg, and used terra-flores during flowering. our friend told us to water the plants with a lot of molassas for like 2 weeks before budding, and we thought that would give the chronic smell and feel. we also sprayed with "sweet" or whatever that **** is called, but we did nto havea lot, only sprayed plants with them a few times.

we ended up having to harvest early to make room for our new clones, so some plants were ready and some were not. But im just wondering what makes the difference between schwag and that real good ****?

this grow we will be using floranova veg, floranova for budding, and koolbloom liquid w/ koolbloom powder for later in the budding stage. we got sample packs for free which should last one whole harvest.

will this be better? will this be all we need? how do you get that smell? what makes a 30$ eigth into a 50 or 60$ eigth?

currently have ten clones in a sunhut xxl and i do not want this crop to turn out like the last one, so any advice?

is that one of the tents that there was an issue with about the pvc lining?i also have a tent home box and its okay.you might have had probs from your tent.jmo. i'm surely no expert.

bluntman88 said:
how do you get that smell? what makes a 30$ eigth into a 50 or 60$ eigth?

The strain has alot to do with it

seeing as how different strains have different amounts of THC.

Grow Experience/Knowledge
plays a Key Role also!!!
Grow Environment is a key factor as well

So My Answer To You is:

A High Quality Strain, A Good Growing Environment,
and Growing Experience/Knowledge Would Produce Top Quality MJ !!!

The opposite of all this would produce Schwagg!!!!

we get clones from people that grow the bud that i smoke, we grew blue dragon and green crack, which are my favorite strains and usually get me very very stoned. the tent that had lining problems is the older hytdrohut's. this has a sliver lining, not a white one. the environment should be fine because the tents are BUILT for growing inside. the temp never got over 85, usually was around 80. IN FACT, the person helping us with this grow is someone who grows the same weed himself. he just used different nutes and does it in a room instead of a tent.

and my first crop, i thought would have a better smell once it was cured but i cured that **** for a few weeks, and another batch for over 5 weeks, and it really didnt really seem like it made a huge difference. could it have to do with making sure the jars are 100% sealed, like boiled in water and everything?

proper harvesting techniques and curing techniques can have a big effect on taste, buzz and legit status amongst friends. Good genetics goes a longgggggggggg way too!

cheers

bluntman88 said:
just completed second harvest. These plants went through hell and back, were almost dead and brought back to life twice i would say, but they seemed like they were alright halfway into flowering when we moved them into our tent.

BUT IT SMELLS LIKE PLANTS, NOT LIKE GOOD WEED!

did not use much for nutrients in veg, and used terra-flores during flowering. our friend told us to water the plants with a lot of molassas for like 2 weeks before budding, and we thought that would give the chronic smell and feel. we also sprayed with "sweet" or whatever that **** is called, but we did nto havea lot, only sprayed plants with them a few times.

we ended up having to harvest early to make room for our new clones, so some plants were ready and some were not. But im just wondering what makes the difference between schwag and that real good ****?

this grow we will be using floranova veg, floranova for budding, and koolbloom liquid w/ koolbloom powder for later in the budding stage. we got sample packs for free which should last one whole harvest.

will this be better? will this be all we need? how do you get that smell? what makes a 30$ eigth into a 50 or 60$ eigth?

currently have ten clones in a sunhut xxl and i do not want this crop to turn out like the last one, so any advice?

:farm: Genetics, HID or SUNLIGHT and nutrition. that's the basics. :hubba:

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear...You have to start with good genetics. If you start with dirtweed seeds, no amount of proper growing or curing techniques will make it chronic.

However, even if you start with the best genetics available, you have to give proper growing environment to get a quality product.

In addition, even if you have started with the best genetics and provided the optimum growing conditions, unless you harvest at the correct time and cure correctly, you can end up with something that tastes of chlorophyll and/or doesn't get you very high.

There is no one thing. It takes a combination of things to end up chronic.

An early harvest will usually result in the bud being substandard...... The plant will let you know when its ready. The one thing I've learned is patience pays off!:hubba: Grow on!!

Lots of TLC when growing and as far as Swag Weed we get around here comes from a Guerrilla grow from Down South that is Compress for packaging and I grew a few of them and had ok weed But could of been better with Good Lights and Food.
I am hopen to restart my grow in the next month or so and it going to be some bagg Swagg seeds and a I am going to order some Purple haze for winter time because how the purple can handle the coldness..

I had seen on a seed breeders comment about his strain was to
'keep your growroom dark the last 2 days before harvest.'
Just for the aroma.

Patience and Timeing. You must wait, watch those trichs. I harvested some plants recently that were not ready, but had to, due to having to many in flower at one time. One plant will get you high, but the crash is very evident (which i understand is normal for early taken plants) the other will get you high (mentally) with no crash. I am curing them and will probably not even smoke it and give it away with a warning...Not the best.

give it away? wow

just sell it in the slums overpriced

teddy d said:
give it away? wow

just sell it in the slums overpriced

And add to all the problems that are associated with marijuana?

Why is it that everyone equates good weed with stinky smell. Some of the best weed I have EVER smoked was mellow smooth and had very little smell, but God is screwed you up. Some was one hitter quitter, some was crapper and very little of it was a straight predictable high as you smoke more and more.

Most of the worst weed I have been around -- some of it was so bad I wouldn't even stay around when it was smoked, much less smoke it -- was the skunkiest, dankest just plain old stinky weed.

In my opinion people need ot pay more attention to the effectiveness of their weed and less to the lack of odor. Are you smoking to stink so that every one you come into contact with knows what you've been doing or to get high?

Everyone is entitled to their own preferences, but some things just don't make sense to me.

Good Smoking.

I got side tracked, so back to what does it take to grow chronic, good genetics (if this is the the second try with poor results I would probably find a better strain that was easier to grow), attention to details, TLC but do NOT LOVE THEM TO DEATH.

IF YOU TREAT YOUR PLANTS LIKE CRAP FOR WHATEVER REASON THEY WILL TURNOUT LIKE CRAP! It sounds like you did vpretty much everything you could to make this turn out like total crap! I'm sure that wasn't your intentions or even your choice, just unfortunately that is what happened.

What do you mean you had to harvest early to make room for your new clones? Unless they are autoflowering, in which case you probably couldn't get clones, you can hold a plant in veg nearly for ever. I routinely veg for between 7 and 10 weeks before switching them at which time they are about 2.5' tall and as bushy as frequent topping can make them. Also people keep a mother in veg for years.

Good smoking.

08-19-2008 :confused:
Don is right, smelly bud does NOT mean good bud!
I've grown lots of smelly bud and quite a bit of non-smelly and the non-smelly is the one for me!

Latest posts

Back