What Nutrients To Use..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FTP817

Reaction score
Ive never grown but tryin to get 4 plant grow op goin and was curious about what kind of nutrients to buy. and is it one bottle or more than one to get.

Hi FTP, you will need more than one nute to finish a grow. Your plants will require a vegging nute for the vegging phase and a blooming nute for the flowering phase.

The most popular hydro nutes are Fox Farms, General Hydoponics or Advanced's Sensi line.

I have been growing in soil for a little over a year but am going to try hydro and I'm planning on using the Sensi products my first time.

Go to htgsupply.com and look under nutrients, that will give you some idea of what you will need.

Also read the guides that Six linked for you lots of good info in there, Good Luck :)

for hydro i recommend straight GH 3 part (buy all 3 - grow, micro, bloom)

for soil ive had success with Floranova 1 part Gro and Bloom

For me I really like IONIC nutes 1 for grow 1 for bloom, they also have a Boost to add the last few weeks of bloom. very simple my dog could make the mix. Keep an eye on your PH with what ever you go for!!! Hemp Godess taught me to let the PH float a bit HUGE difference!!!!:) I have a Ebb & Grow system and a jungle on my hands as of this post. :eek: If you are new as me to indoors I think it could not get easier, Keep your ppm low to start and work your way up till you see some tip burn and back it off a touch My WW and NL X Skunk are happy gal's, in veg I ran 500 PPM early and got up to 750. In Bloom I am still working out the high side, right now I am at 650 PPM and I feel that is a tad low. :confused: What ever you do DON'T GO WITH FULL STRENGTH AS THE LABLES STATE! You will cause more problems than you can cure, work your way up!!!! BTW they have 2 mix's a hard water blend as I did if you need it or reg if on city water My over all PPM is 250 H2O so I went w/ Hard Water formula. They also have a dirt formula if growing in pots.
The simplest nutes I know of and very happy for it!!!!:D
Green MOJO to ya!! Hope this gets you started!
BTW if you are going HYDRO change your tank at 10 days no longer than 2 weeks, I change on a calander date say 10th 20th 30th to make it easy to keep str8!
Hang in here on MP some of the best info you will get is just ask GREAT PEOPLE HERE! I would not have the grow that I have if it weren't for the folks here!!!! Keep reading and keep asking ?'s You will get it down as all of us have! Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!

your avvin a laff ionic are crap even at recommended dosage it doesnt come anywhere near the ppm/ec/cf reading they claim.

bloom in particular is nitrogen deficient ive now found this to be true after my second cheese grow and at week 5 again deficencies appear.

the only good thing about ionic is its cheap and stable

lol

skallie

its going in the bin and im going back to canna flores

I am starting to get into the Humboldt brand and really like it alot. Just a little bit goes a long way.

Technaflora BC recipe for success kit.. All in one resource kit and guide and cheap... Check it out

FTP817 said:
Ive never grown but tryin to get 4 plant grow op goin and was curious about what kind of nutrients to buy. and is it one bottle or more than one to get.

Hi there,

If as you say you have never done this before then I would keep it dead simple.
1 part feed for your veg and 1 for bloom, simple.(Greendream is a product i know but there are 100's all basically doing the same thing) As you gain knowledge from your own op,here and elsewhere you can then start thinking of "extras" for the veg and the 2 parts of the bloom/flower period.
But before all that happens I would suggest you get the other elements correct most importantly room humidity and temp, once the environment is correct then you can feed your girls to suit there environment , dont forget get something to measure the strengh of your feed and the p/h level, its really hard to overfeed a plant but its really easy to sufficate them!! Hope that helps need more you know where I am.

skallie said:
your avvin a laff ionic are crap even at recommended dosage it doesnt come anywhere near the ppm/ec/cf reading they claim.

bloom in particular is nitrogen deficient ive now found this to be true after my second cheese grow and at week 5 again deficencies appear.

the only good thing about ionic is its cheap and stable

lol

skallie

its going in the bin and im going back to canna flores

Sorry you feel that Skallie if you read my post I never told him not to rely on the lable in fact it is not important to me what the lable says I'm whatching the plants and taking notes as to EC, or PPM as I do with all my growing even if It is a Tomato. As for bloom Ionic or any nutes it has been my understanding that you do not want a big N factor in bloom but a high P&K. As i said in my post I have a jungle on my hands and happy girls no sign of N deficentcy just the normal yellowing of a bloom fert switch, I see with every grow. My point to the original post was to keep KISS theory for someone new and what is working for me! Then you come in and slam me, if your nutes work for you I'm glad for ya.
BTW I have seen different strains take diff. nute loads regardless if it is soil or hydro!

FTP 817,

I think what all are trying to say is KISS (keep it simple stupid) at first.
Then as time goes past you will want to get the best yeild form your patch.
As regards manufactures its al bull and hype, yes people will have there favs/point of view, its all NPK.

i use ionic and my wonder woman luv it 4th week into flower and i water full strenth bloom and boost every other water no probs

hi greenhead i started off over 10 years ago using this ionic then moved on to different nutes then i thought *** with all these 10 different things needed for flowering etc so back to basics-ionic-

its is pure crap i suposs it may depend on the strains grown but ive grown many strains widow nl afghan haze afghan skunk skunk romulan star rocklock mass power artic lui and tbh my nl widow and afghan skunk all liked ionic so there you have it big medium and low strength feeders and all fed at dosage on label or even upped to get true ppm/cf/ec as per label.

i know you mention N factor yes thanks for informing me i knew i was going wrong somewhere.

ok N is stored by the plant during the vegetative stage and then once placed into flower when it may become N deficient it can then draw on its stored reserves of N.

ionic fails in the N department esp in flowering i know it pot and phos needed more than N but try growing a plant with no fan leaves that have dropped off due to an N deficency.

im aware of the normal yellowing this btw isnt because you change veg for flowering nutes its the natural dying of the plant what i have isnt normal.

so as i factually stated ionic is N deficient.

oh tandy btw you use boost constantly during 12/12

skallie

skallie i use the boost after the 3rd week 12/12 mate never had any probs

Latest posts

Back