What should I do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oz703

Reaction score
Hello, recently I decided to stop smoking weed, and I have been clean for aboout 4 months. Now I know that 4 months may not seem like a lot of time, but for me it seems like an eternity, since I used to smoke quite frequently. So I really don't know what I should do. All of my friends tell me to keep smoking, but I really like being sober while I'm going to school. Don't get me wrong, I love weed and I really miss it, but it really doesn't help with my studies. I tried to cut back and smoke less, but my friends always want to smoke with me and I just end up smoking as much as before, sometimes even more. What do you guys think I should do?

I think you're in the wrong place for impartial advice here!!

I'd take up selling amphetamine, drop all your friends, spend a lot of nights in your room with the curtains drawn, sniffing speed and playing manhunter on the pc, get a subscription to guns and ammo and start collecting some heavy weapons.
Sooner or later it's going to dawn on you that all your problems are the fault of those stoners at school and it wouldn't be a bad idea to clean society of this disease, if a couple of teachers get caught in the crossfire well so be it.

or you could just hang with your boys and not smoke.

come back when you're 18 and tell us how it went.

Sombro..."THAT" is one burned up response!!

oz...If it is interfering with your studies, happiness or well being in general, remain sober. DON'T let peer pressure(your friends) make that decision for you. It's "your" life, make it "your" decision. Pot smoking isn't for everybody. SSome ppl don't function well under the influence, some simply don't like the effects.
Either way, it is your right to decide, your friends should respect that. If they don't, I'd be looking for new friends.

Hick is right!
Your education is more important than weed and or friends.
Once you've completed your education and begin a career the humble weed will still be around. It's all about priorities....

Moderation is key here. You seem to enjoy it, yet you know it can interfere with your studies. How about just lighting up after a big exam. Or maybe Friday nights only or something like that?

dude i have a friend ,,why weed buddy ,,we've been smoking and hanging out together for 20 years ,,if he came to me tomorrow and said he was gonna stop smoking ,,,i would be behind his effort 100%,,,i would miss my get high buddy ,but i would not try to mess it up for him ,,thats what friends do ,,maybe you should look at your "friends ,,i wish you luck ,,weed will always be there,you can always start again ,,,,stay true ...PEACE,LOVE,RASTAFARI

Excellent questions, Junior. I am in agreement with you about the studies and generally being sober. I gave up drinking and smoking weed in '89. I was totally sober for 14 years. I still don't drink (thank goodness) but started smoking again in '03. You might have to give up your "weed friends" until they get the idea you are serious about your choice.

Bottom line:::::::::: You can always continue smoking when you choose but you may never get another opportunity to study as a clear-headed student. Your runnin' buddies that smoke regularly may never know what it is like to learn while sober. That's their choice.

Do what you need to do. Best of luck to you. :cool:

Well, Ive been there...I had my get high buddies and we did everything together, 24-7 dam near...I needed to be clean for awhile (6+ months)...we all hung out for a short while, but eventually I was out of the loop since I wasnt smoking and contributing to the community weed....I found out they really werent my friends, more like aquaintances..."TRUE" friends stick by you through thick and thin....needless to say, I dont see any of them anymore and I got my degree...The education is gonna take you alot further then those so called friends....

ive quit several different times for different reasons Usually before applying for jobs once after i got busted. i still hung out with my weed friends all the time....id roll them joints pack the bowls...more often then not they forgot that i wasnt smoking...kept passing me the bowl...not a problem i enjoy packing bowls and rolling joints it was fun even if i couldnt smoke it. they still hung out and i was eventually able to be all in on it again! gotta quit again in like a week though....couldnt you just hang around them an not smoke? but i do agree that if they wont support your decision to not smoke then forget about them.

IM AA. ITS YER CHOICE. FRIENDS SUPPORT FRIENDS. i can sit in the pub with true friends and drink pop, have a great nite of it and DRIVE my blotto friends home. sound bad to you?

Wow, I wasn't expecting these kinds of responses. To tell you guys the truth, I was expecting reply's like the one "sombro" left. It gives me an idea of who you guys really are, great people that have a good head on their shoulders. Thank you, your advice has given me the answer that I needed. I really appreciate it, and you guys are right, weed will always be there, and my friends should support my decision. Thanks again, I'm really grateful. You guys rock, keep up the good work.

Most definitly man, if your friends want to not hang around you because your not smoking or decided to quit for a while....then **** em lol Ive quit for 3-4 months at a time and STILL went over to my buddies place while they went to the "smokin' room" with out me :(

But 10 mins later we were back to playing video games, drinkin, what ever the hell we were doing lol. Oh, ive done the not drink and have a coke at the bar thing too (being 20 helps this lol) but the times i dont get carded, which happens alot actually i make sure to have only 1 beer or two.
Its all about mind over matter and control.

Personally, i go to class high allmost every time. I will say math is one subject i probably shouldent get stoned and go to....but i allways seem to get all the answers right so i keep smoking lol

Latest posts

Back