what size pots should I use

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOLDBERG71

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide what road I wish to take back to indoor growing . . . I've never used a hydro system but this one with the buckets has caught my eye . . .

hXXp://www.pchydro.com/grow-systems-...-system-p-3535

My thought now is going with about 25 plants (10" netted pots) in a 5 foot by 5 foot area or something close to that. I do not want more than 1 plant per square foot. I am also thinking that I will allow them to grow to about 36" before I force flowering . . .would 6 " pots be to small for this type of grow . . . then I might think about upping the amount of plants in the area . . . I just don't want to buy the netted pots in both sizes . . . the idea behind this preparation is to prevent having to buy things twice . . . but the MOST important thing of all is my YIELD thanks for the help

Thats a lot of plants to be taking to 36" before flower. in a 25 sqft space. If ur wanting to go the route ur thinking in 6" pots id do a sog and flower as soon as they root, or at most two weeks veg. In that small of space id just get some 5gal dwc buckets and do 3 or 4 plants grown to fill the space. What kinda lights u using?

Thanks For The Help . . . Well 5x5 Is About 1/4 The Size Of The Room I Plan To Use. So If I Needed To I Could Expand It . . . My Thought Now Is 2 600w Digital Ballasts For Better Coverage . . . I Want To Keep The Watts Psf High For Density Purposes So If I Needed To Add Another 600w As They Filled Out I Would Have The Room . . . How Much Room Do You Think A Plant Would Need To Flower At 36 Inches? I Thought 1 Sf Would Be Enough . . . I Might Be Wrong I plan on growing indica so it won't grow as much when flowering

light coverage should be proportionate the the "shape" of the room for best results...if your room is square, then 1 big light or 4 small lights would be needed to ensure that even distribution is achieved....in a rectangle room (depending on L x W ratio) 2, 3, 5 or 6 lights would be used.

Plants can double or triple in size after put into flowering. If you want to put plants at 1 per sq ft, I would recommend putting into flowering at about 1' or so even if growing indica dominant plants. I really like to give my girls 2-1/2-3 sq ft each.

Another thing to keep in mind is that more plants do not mean more bud. There is no advantage to putting more plants into a space (within reason of course). All other things being equal, yield is really more dependent on your lighting and the strain, not plant count.

Shouldn't this thread be in indoor?

good point benny . . . . I thought that is where I posted it! I'm a newbie cut me some slack? LOL

Latest posts

Back