What the "GOSH DARN"..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowace

Reaction score
Things were going beautifully then this happened. The leaves are beginning to turn slightly brownish and curling up on the sides. Just look at the pics. I didn't do anything to this plant and as you can see the other one is just fine. May have gotten to hot nearer the light but usually I can keep em as close as 10" with no burn. I've not changed nutes, water PH is same as always, hell I dunno, I've not done anything to her. Maybe my newfound friends can chime in and gimme some advice. Peace all!

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Shadowace said:
Things were going beautifully then this happened. The leaves are beginning to turn slightly brownish and curling up on the sides. Just look at the pics. I didn't do anything to this plant and as you can see the other one is just fine. May have gotten to hot nearer the light but usually I can keep em as close as 10" with no burn. I've not changed nutes, water PH is same as always, hell I dunno, I've not done anything to her. Maybe my newfound friends can chime in and gimme some advice. Peace all!
no pics ?????????????????

(replace x's wit t's copy an paste in ur browser.)
hxxp://www.marijuana-seeds.net/Thanks/ThankYou.htm
very descriptive deficiency list wit pix too to compare to ur girls

My 1000w are ten inches from my tops and the leaves seem to be fine. What are the temps at the canopy? That will truely determine if it is heat stress.

I had that problem before and some told me I had my 600 hps to close to the plants. I had it about a foot away.. I moved it up 2 feet from the plant and the problem corrected in a few days.

Regardless of what the height needs to be that looks like heat stress because of the fact that every point is burnt. The smallest parts of the leaf get hurt first because they have the least amount of internal circulation and are hit from all sides by the heat.

when the leaves curl up like a taco it means heat stress. What i do to help that is I point my fan right at the top of the canopy so all the colas arent just sitting there baking under the light. It seems to help a little bit.

I moved my lights to about 18" above the tops and pointed one fan in the middle of plants and one right above blowing on the tops of the colas.. Let us see if that shall help. Thanks alot guys. Didn't figure it out for that though but, if it's certain strain could be easily burned by light though and I am growing a new strain, this one is I mean. Peace and God Bless all!

BuddyLuv said:
My 1000w are ten inches from my tops and the leaves seem to be fine. What are the temps at the canopy? That will truely determine if it is heat stress.

Is your Thousand Watt light (what kind) air cooled?

Do you have a photo of your plants?

The reason I'm asking is that I moved a 400 watt within 12 inches and the plants burned. I'm curious as to how you have a thousand watt light only 10 inches from your canopy and not burning your plants.

If it is heat stress it doesn't mean you have to move your light away from the plants. That should be your last option. What your goal should be is to lower the temperatures at the tops of your plants. You can do with with air cooled hoods, liquid cooled hoods, oscillating fans, better intake and exhast and finally moving the light further away. The further your light is the less lumens your plants recieve and before anyone says it a couple of inches does matter, it matters a lot actually. There is a light chart kicking around on here that shows what I'm talking about if you care to try to find it. I keep my 600 watt no more than 4-5 inches from my plants with my aircooled hood.

I have had my two 400w H.I.D.'s (HPS) as close as 8" from the tops of my last grow and they didn't show not one sign of burning so help me god so, I cannot figure this one out, unless this strain is just more susceptible to heat burn, the temp at the top of my canopy is only 78 degrees F, so I can only deduce that this could be nute burn or a susceptible strain. Peace all! Keep the info coming, one can never learn too much.

POTUS said:
Is your Thousand Watt light (what kind) air cooled?

Do you have a photo of your plants?

The reason I'm asking is that I moved a 400 watt within 12 inches and the plants burned. I'm curious as to how you have a thousand watt light only 10 inches from your canopy and not burning your plants.

Crappy aircooled euro hoods with a 750 cfm fan cooling them. Look in my grow journal in my sig. They are 10-12 inches away depending on plant height. My cooltubes are here but I am not messing with the room until this grow is done. Then I am going to tweek it some more and maybe add a few small HIDs to the sides so I can get a little more light in there too. It is all about ocillating fans and air cooling your hoods. I have one fan blowing cold air below the canopy and then two wall mounted ocillating fans on opposite sides blowing cold air across the canopy. The room is fed by central air is exhausted with a 6 in 424 cfm exhaust fan and carbon filter. The environment is controlled by a CAP XCG-1.

I have so far, let's see here 5 oscillating fans in the room including, oh my mistake those 5 and a two fan side by side that fits in a window. Doesn't do my room any good in the window though cause I got my grow room in the spare bedroom with blinds put up on the inside and three black heavy duty trash bags taped with duct tape over that behind the blinds so when H.I.D.'s are on it still looks from the outdoors and neighboors like the lights are turned off is all. So, I use the dual prop fan for the plants too. So I think I got enough, oh yeah I got a box fan, Huge! That I don't even use. Next year, I am putting in central air when I get my new home finished. Then I can set the room temps to what I please. Much easier. You guys are great! Good forum thus far. Peace and god bless ya all!:ccc:

P.S. some buds from my last grow. This is what I do my budding in and use dripp irr for my vegging. Like on the I grow cronic vid by "MR.GREEN" If anyone wants to watch the film on how to produce 1/4 lb of M every 2 months like clockwork which is what I do now. Or try anyway. LOL Peace!

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

oops in that one with the eco grower in it you can see where I chopped my first finished one down the one to the left of that hadn't finished yet by the looks of the trichs so it had to go about another month and a fortnight! PEACE AND FREE THE WEED, GOD SAID I COULD HAVE IT! lol Well He did.

Latest posts

Back