What to Do about this.. HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyinghigh

Grow Pretty Flowers
Reaction score
Ok last yr end of june I had put some stuff on ebay and they where long parts and the guy that bid on and won has payed about 300 and even had me build a box for $150. with cost of matieral of 100. and total of 550 or so and that box was 16feet long by 37x12.
I had put on ebay Local Pick-up Only.!! Well this guy bought it and then told me he was in France and he has had in the past problems with shipping to France from others and He really needed these Parts and so the Suxker I am said ok as long as U get a truck to my house.. Well there NO Truck Company that will come this way..
The last time I heard from him was Oct 31 08 and as of today the Box has been toren apart and used for my Grow room and have since sold 1 part out of this lot.
Today I got a email stating that he was sorry for not keeping in touch and had alot of problems like birth,financial crisis,moves would like to try again to get a truck to me.
What to do about this? It been almost 4 months and No email since Oct 31 08 and the box has been taken apart. I spent the money and Now I get a email..
HELP

Well you put yourself in quite a spot. I'd return the money and be done with it. Yeah I know you spent it, but tell him you have all the same problems he has, and you'll return his money in a few months.

I would contact EBay. Leave out the bit about the grow box :D

I don't think you want any bad reputation from this unless you don't plan on selling anything else on EBay.

I have found that the local craigs list is a better way to sell locally, anyway.

umbra said:
Well you put yourself in quite a spot. I'd return the money and be done with it. Yeah I know you spent it, but tell him you have all the same problems he has, and you'll return his money in a few months.

Return the money in a few months? So should I return all of it or just what he bought through ebay.?
300 ebay
100 mat for box
150 for me to biuld the box.

ArtVandolayI would contact EBay. Leave out the bit about the grow box :D

I don't think you want any bad reputation from this unless you don't plan on selling anything else on EBay.

I have found that the local craigs list is a better way to sell locally, anyway.
I will talk to Ebay about this..

HippyInEngland said:
Dont answer him.

You could have moved or gone to prison or have died.

You did your end of the bargain, he didnt do his end.

:peace:

Yea but I still sell things on Ebay.. I feel he forefit the Lost after waiting soooooo Long and not keeping in contact..

I'm not a lawyer but I do know Ebay sellers and buyers have contractual rights.

I sell a lot on ebay and I make sure I keep in good contact with all buyers. If they don't pay or contact me about collecting then I send them a series of messages. The first is pretty polite asking if everything is ok and could they pleas pay or whatever etc etc. Then I begin to give them a time limit so for example If I have not received a reply from you within 7 days an Unpaid Item Dispute will be opened etc.

Have you looked on the discussion boards on ebay? they can be helpful sometimes. I once had someone buy an item but chose local pickup instead of postage, but they lived about 300 miles away lol and I sent them so many emails and they never replied so I just refunded them what they paid me minus my ebay and paypal fees. Never heard anything from them since.

You could refund what they paid through ebay but say that because they wasted your time and energy you cannot refund them the other cash. I dunno really.

Flyinghigh said:
Return the money in a few months? So should I return all of it or just what he bought through ebay.?
300 ebay
100 mat for box
150 for me to biuld the box.

ArtVandolayI would contact EBay. Leave out the bit about the grow box :D

I will talk to Ebay about this..

I would only return money from ebay. That's all that you are obligated for.

ArtVandolay said:
I'm not a lawyer but I do know Ebay sellers and buyers have contractual rights.

What rights..? I will check into that..

ThornI sell a lot on ebay and I make sure I keep in good contact with all buyers. If they don't pay or contact me about collecting then I send them a series of messages. The first is pretty polite asking if everything is ok and could they pleas pay or whatever etc etc. Then I begin to give them a time limit so for example If I have not received a reply from you within 7 days an Unpaid Item Dispute will be opened etc.

Have you looked on the discussion boards on ebay? they can be helpful sometimes. I once had someone buy an item but chose local pickup instead of postage, but they lived about 300 miles away lol and I sent them so many emails and they never replied so I just refunded them what they paid me minus my ebay and paypal fees. Never heard anything from them since.

You could refund what they paid through ebay but say that because they wasted your time and energy you cannot refund them the other cash. I dunno really.Today 03:27 PM
I have sent him a few Emails after oct 31 and No Reply and as far as some one want to pick it up them self instead of shipping and they got to travel 300 or more miles is totally up to that person if they think they can save money..

Yea I can send the money back to him minus the ebay cost to return the money for which he bid on and be done with him and sending anything accross sea again..

My Lady is going to be up-set here in a few min..

ok sounds like you've done your part right so do that and see how you get on. Best of luck bro :)

Dude, if you couldn't of got in touch with him, you should of paypalled his money back to him. Just takin his money as walking off was wrong.

Neo drives a geo said:
Dude, if you couldn't of got in touch with him, you should of paypalled his money back to him. Just takin his money as walking off was wrong.

Neo!! I do have his Money for what he Bid on and as far as the rest of the money for building a box (Mat.) or my time isn't there.. Which my time Won't be there..

It is Fuasterating when people uses another address to ship things to and to find out that there NOT in the USA when it a Local Pick-Only..
I shouldn't of said Yes when I was told about shipping these parts to France..
Won't do that Again..!!!!!!!!!

Really after thinking about this matter and I think it be Best to be Honest as a seller and return his money that he Bidded on only and be done with him, and Mat. for the Box, I did did use that for my Grow room.Oh well And the time for making the Box is mine.

Latest posts

Back