What to do with extras?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stony pony

Reaction score
After I came to understand the wondrous benefits of MJ over alcohol (at age 38), I did an initial grow and haven't taken a sip of the brain killer since. I suppose having grown up on a farm and having knowledge of basic horticulture helped because I got about 6.5 oz. off of 5 plants. I have read that 1oz. per plant is a good number to shoot for. Anyway, I grew five because I didn't know how it would all turn out. Now, I don't know what to do with all of the sticky. There's no way I can smoke that much. One bowl of the stuff turns me into a retard for like 4 hours. It looks like it would last around two years at this rate. Question: 1) how long can I keep it before it "turns bad?" And can you really freeze it?

send it to me,lol just kidding. do you have it in jars.i understand it will last a long time if properly dried and cured.i have some that i have had since the 1st harvest.it still tastes good.seems it gets better with age to me.jmo

Congrats on the harvest! You can store marijuana pretty much indefinitely as long as it is cured properly. Don't freeze it though because that will cause trichomes to fall off, you should store it in a cool, dark place.

dried. cured. stored in a big glass apothocary jar. just never knew how long it would last.

got the dark part covered.

but how cool is cool? in the 40-60 degree range?

Hey welcome! Sometimes I feel like I'll never smoke all mine. Just keep it in a good air-tight container and it should last a long while.

Just remember to open up the containers to make sure you buds dont get too wet those first few days, beyond that, well enjoy!

i think youll find your tolerance will sky rocket with that much bud. just watch, youll be facing blunts in a few weeks and will be out before you know it

one ounce is really the number growers shoot for?

that's all?

try experimenting with different things, make some hash, make some hash oil, make some butter. if you are comfortable that you aren't going to run out no harm in experimenting with some. also, when i have a lot, i love just handing one of my buddies a big bud. their faces always light up like it's christmas, i just wouldn't tell them that you grew it yourself. and definitely don't tell them you just had too much, you wouldn't want someone to try to take some of that off your hands(they'll convince themselves their doing you a favor)

There are some awesome videos on how to make hash on you tube... I used all my scraps and it was awesome... If you made it from good bud, wow, that would be amazing!!! I also agree with BanjoBuzz, too much weed???? Unheard of!!! You obviously need to commit more!!! :)

smoke till you pass out. Wake up and smoke more.

There are some great tutorials on how to make hash and hash oil right on this site.

Latest posts

Back