What to do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nowadays you can't have to much training any is better then none . most of all
you need to be versatile do as many as you can . mechanic good any city of the world find jobs fast plumber good pay lots of work electrician lots of work anywhere in the world jobs that will with stand the worst of times in a sour economy like we have medical field is good to but can get slow during the worst of times as it is something people will go without first as they only need it when they are sick so thats the tops on my list mechanic is best as a lot of money under the table if you don't mind working 24/7 but the money is good and you will have lots of friends to! Happy T Day Folks

Thank you again for all the advice. Seems like trade school might be the route Im looking for. Bout to go look for some schools in the area. Thank you all again and have a good Turkey Day:) I know I did:)

There are plenty of people who have found themselves in the same position you're in. Thankfully you seem to have the good sense to change direction. I think you need to get creative with your search. I own my own bussiness and have in the past hired people with simmilar backgrounds and education limits. If you know of a business that you'd like to work in you can approach them and ask if they have a inhouse training program. If not you may be able to convince them to apply to the Federal Gov. to subsidise your training. Any salary they pay you (within reason) will be reimbursed to the company by the gov. There's a program that was part of the "empowerment zone" legislation that covers it. Tennessee is entitled to a large share of this money because of the deplorable standard of living and the moronic school system ( remember the scopes monkey trial ).
Best of luck with your job search and take care.

Latest posts

Back