What would you do???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

popart

Reaction score
I have 2 plants in soil -- they are about 4-4.5 ft tall -- I have taken clones off them. Plant 1 is very healthy, Plant 2 is coming back -- I don't think I watered her enough and she was badly wilted -- but the new growth looks great. I'm currently switching to hydro -- and this was my first time cloning -- I am waiting on a grow tent to be delivered, and then I'll switch to my 400 hps light setup (currently using flouro). My clones will be a week old tomorrow -- they look good - but no signs of roots yet. Do I put both plants into bloom (when my setup comes) or do I put the very healthy one into bloom and save the other for cloning (I'm nervous about my cloning abilities and afraid if I don't keep one mom, I might be in trouble if something happens to the clones), and bloom her later? The problem is I will be running short of space (the girls are in a closet right now) and they are growing fast now that I got my **** together (somewhat) See pics attached.

plant1.jpg

plant2.jpg

clones.jpg

HI,

If your clones look good before they have roots you're doing something right... Just be patient and keep doing what you're doing... I'm limited to a small 2 x 3 closet for my veg space so I can't keep big mothers around. I take clones from my large females and either flower out the big girls or destroy them if I don't have the space. I'll then raise the clones for future bloom cycles and/or to perpetuate the genetics in my grow room. I've got about a half dozen strains I've been managing for a while this way. It's a bit of a P I T derriere but it keeps my cloning chops tight! :eek:

Those are some very large plants for the containers that they're in. If you decide to keep them around for a while I'd suggest going up a couple sizes in containers and give them some fresh soil... But if you just need them to hang on until your clones root they'll survive fine as is for a while...

Happy Growing!:cool:

=repot them. give em a week to get back in shape then I would clone them. then I would flower them..good luck! I have taken clones from flowering plants so if the first batch doesnt take dont freak out.
they unwilt quick if it just needs water.

Latest posts

Back